- 1 egg white
- 400 g honey
- 200 g nuts of your choice, Pistachio, almond, macadamia etc all work well
- 50 g White Cooking Chocolate, optional to make it more chewy
- 2 to 4 piece confectionary rice paper
Step 1 - 1 egg white – 2 sec, speed 2,
Step 2 - Add 400 grams honey, then put butterfly in, 60 mins, 100 degrees, Speed 2, leave MC off!
Step 3 -Take butterfly out, add in 200 grams of nut mixture*, stir in with spatula
Step 4 – On a flat tray, place a piece of baking paper, then a sheet of rice paper* down, spoon mixture liberally over rice paper.
Step 5 – Place another piece of rice paper on top, followed by a piece of baking paper and roll out to desired thickness.
Step 6 – Let set in fridge for approximately half an hour then slice up, trimming all edges first, then into 2-3cm strips.
*Nut mixture – Can be anything you want really – pistachios, almonds, ginger, hazelnuts, glazed cherries and more, or even a mixture of many of these. Make sure you slightly toast your nut selection first before adding to mixture.
* To make the nougat more soft and chewy in my nut mixture I add 50grams of white cooking chocolate.
*Rice paper, make sure you get the ‘sweet’ one, not the one used for spring rolls, it is a rough paper feel to it, and can be found in some fruit markets (Minchinbury Fruit market is where I get mine) or Asian grocer.
Great to make for Christmas gifts and everyone loves Nougat!
Other users also liked...
- Quick Freezer Chocolate
- Quick Reliable Fudge
- Mums Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Redskin Fudge
- Sticky Date Pudding
- Orange, Blueberry & Nut Cake
- Classic lemon tart
- Madarica - Croatian chocolate slice
- Crostata ricotta with Nutella and choc chips
- HCG Apple Crisp
- Banana Anzac Crumble
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls
- No Bake Lactation Bites
- Honey, Date, Goji Berry, Oat & Almond Energy Bars
- Thai Satay Marinade
- Chocolate Chickpea Slice
- Triple-Choc Blueberry and Zucchini Smoothie Bowl
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- All-In-One Banana bread with a Honey Cream Cheese Spread
- Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu)
- Asian Ocean Trout/Salmon
- Cocoa Bliss Balls
- Banana yoghurt nicecream
- Paleo Custard (eggless)