- 1 egg white
- 400 g honey
- 200 g nuts of your choice, Pistachio, almond, macadamia etc all work well
- 50 g White Cooking Chocolate, optional to make it more chewy
- 2 to 4 piece confectionary rice paper
Step 1 - 1 egg white – 2 sec, speed 2,
Step 2 - Add 400 grams honey, then put butterfly in, 60 mins, 100 degrees, Speed 2, leave MC off!
Step 3 -Take butterfly out, add in 200 grams of nut mixture*, stir in with spatula
Step 4 – On a flat tray, place a piece of baking paper, then a sheet of rice paper* down, spoon mixture liberally over rice paper.
Step 5 – Place another piece of rice paper on top, followed by a piece of baking paper and roll out to desired thickness.
Step 6 – Let set in fridge for approximately half an hour then slice up, trimming all edges first, then into 2-3cm strips.
*Nut mixture – Can be anything you want really – pistachios, almonds, ginger, hazelnuts, glazed cherries and more, or even a mixture of many of these. Make sure you slightly toast your nut selection first before adding to mixture.
* To make the nougat more soft and chewy in my nut mixture I add 50grams of white cooking chocolate.
*Rice paper, make sure you get the ‘sweet’ one, not the one used for spring rolls, it is a rough paper feel to it, and can be found in some fruit markets (Minchinbury Fruit market is where I get mine) or Asian grocer.
Great to make for Christmas gifts and everyone loves Nougat!
Other users also liked...
- VEGAN Cranberry & Vanilla Protein Balls
- Raw Caramel Nut Slice
- Chocolate,Ginger and Orange Bliss Balls / Protein Balls
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Halawet El Rez
- Maple Pancakes
- Pear sorbet
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Healthy carrot, chia and walnut balls
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- Sweet Curry Granola Bar
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Carrot zucchini apple muffins
- Peanut Butter Bark (Protein Bar)
- Seeded banana and honey loaf
- Lemon Coconut Yoghurt Cake
- Oscars Honey Corn cereal
- Oscars banana smoothie ....