- 1000 grams pumpkin, skin and seeds removed, cut into 3 cm pieces. Jerry uses Kent Pumpkin, but I had Butternut on hand and it worked just fine.
- 150 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs whole
- 1 can Carnation Evaporated Milk, approx. 350ml
- 280 grams Self rising flour
- 160 grams Butter, Unsalted
- 30 grams sugar
- 10 grams Milk
2h 15minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Please 500g of water in the jug and steam your pumpkin in the Varoma for 30 minutes, or until cooked. Be sure to make a well in the middle of the pumpkin pieces to allow the steam to come through.
One cooked, drain.
Melt butter for 3 minutes / 70 degrees / Speed 2
Add flour, sugar and milk
Mix together for 10 seconds on Speed 3
Scrape down the side and repeat if necessary.
Pat mixture into pie dish. Use finger and/or back of a spoon.
Add drained pumpkin to bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients.
Mix for 40 seconds / Speed 4-6, or until the liquid is smooth.
Pour pumpkin filling into pie dish.
Preheat oven to 220C
Bake your pie for 15 minutes at 220C
Reduce the temperature to 160C
Bake for an additional 1 hour at 160C, or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean.
Allow to cool on a wire rack for 1+ hours.
Serve COLD with whipped cream.
No Roll Pie Crust
Jerry originally used two shallow pie plates and did the final 160C bake for 40-50 minutes.
Because I had one deep 40cm pie dish, I chose to cook my pie for 1 hour at 160C.
I also experimented with baking individual Pumpkin Pies using a muffin tin and that worked well too. Again I reverted to Jerry's original cooking time of 40-50 minutes at 160C.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Five Ingredient Thai Green Curry Recipe:
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- Pumpkin Pie
- Salted Cashew and Coconut Slice
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters