- 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cornflour
- 8 eggs
- 220 g caster sugar
- 100 g Butter, (melted)
- 1 amount of lemon curd (from EDC)
- 500 g whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean, paste
8Recipe is created for
Pre-heat oven to 180˙C, Grease and line 2 round 20cm cake tins with baking paper.
Sift the flour 2 times and set aside.
Insert butterfly, place eggs and sugar in TM bowl and mix on Speed 4 for 6 minutes, or until mixture is thick, pale and has tripled in volume.
Sift flour over egg mixture and gently combine on Speed 1.5 for 20 seconds.
Add melted butter, mix Speed 1.5 for 10 seconds
Pour into cake tins and place in over for 25-30 minutes or until cakes are springy to touch and come away from the side of the tins. Cool the cakes on wire racks
Prepare lemon curd according to EDC
Whip cream and vanilla bean paste together for approx 30 seconds
To assemble slice the cooled cakes in half. Place one cake layer on serving plate and spread first layer with half the lemon curd. Top with another layer of cake and then spread with half the cream. Repeat with next two layers of cake, lemon curd and cream.
Accessories you need
Use fresh room temperature eggs so that the batter will increase in volume.
Avoid using a skewer to test the sponge as this releases the air necessary to make a light sponge.
Use a serrated knife and carefully slice the cake horizontally while pressing down gently on the top.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Spaghetti Alfredo
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests