- 180g cream
- 700g full cream milk
- 100g milk powder, full, cream skim, your preference
- 120g sugar, honey or maple syrup, I use 60g manuka honey
- 1tsp gelatine
- 150g tub greek style yogurt
8h 0minPreparation 8h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Ensure bowl, blade and lid are thoroughly clean
a. Cover the blades in water
b. Sterilise the bowl, blade and lid
i. Fill the bowl to the top of the blades with water
ii. Set the Thermomix - 5 mins /98˚C/speed 4
iii. Remove water
2. Add all ingredients (except the culture) into the sterilised bowl
3. Set the Thermomix to 15 min/80˚C/speed 3
4. Remove the bowl from the Thermomix base unit and allow to cool to approximate 45˚C or below (this will take 1-2 hours)
5. Place the bowl back onto the Thermomix base unit
6. Add the plain yogurt culture
7. Use the automated yoghurt function to complete yogurt making – skipping ahead past ingredients (by pressing Next) to automatic time dial – turn dial (this takes 8 hours so be aware of the finishing time, you don’t want it to go off at 3 o’clock in the morning!)
8. Once the Thermomix chimes set the Thermomix for 5 mins/speed 4
9. Transfer into jars and allow to cool in the fridge
Adjust the sugar to taste - 120g is for sweet dessert style, I halve it. You can leave out the sweetener altogether for plain yoghurt.
Don't forget to save 150g for your next batch of yogurt and hide it in the fridge!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Spaghetti Alfredo
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- OMG Ali's Savoury Scones
- Banana and honey Bundt cake
- Gluten Free Creamcheese Cake
- Lola Berry Healthy Paleo Hot Cross Muffins