- 150 g hulled strawberries
- 30 g sugar of choice (I use raw)
- zest of 1 small lemon
- 15 g fresh mint leaves
- 200 g Chilled Rooibos Tea
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 40 g Rum (or to taste)
- 300 g Sparking Wine
- 100 g ice
8Recipe is created for
9African American Australian European Afternoon tea Dinner Supper Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day BBQ Birthday Buffet Everyday Holiday Party Picnic Creative Easy Low budget Quick Appetizer Dessert USA Drink
Pour boiling water onto teabag in cup. Leave for 2-3 min. Take bag out and let tea cool down. Can be placed in fridge once teabag is removed, to cool down.
Add strawberries, mint, zest, sugar and ice to bowl. Chop 10 sec on speed 10 or until ice is crushed.
Add chilled rooibos, vanilla and rum. mix 10 sec on speed 7. Add spakling wine. mix 3 sec on speed 3.
Servce chilled with garish as pleased.
Chilled Rooibos Tea
Obviously this is great for the Christmas holidays, but no reason to limit yourself. Drink whenever you feel like giving a bit of African bliss to your tastebuds!
Alcohol free option: replace Rum with 1 tsp rum essence and sparkling wine with sparklin water or sparking lemonade!! Kids will love it and the Rooibos has added nutritional benefit.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cinnamon and Mint Tea
- ELDERBERRY SYRUP with extra cloves
- Healthy up & run Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Chocolate Fudge creamy frappe
- LCHF Iced Coffee
- Iced tea syrup
- Raspberry Slushie
- BBC (Bailey's Banana Colada) Cocktail Recipe
- Pink lemonade
- Ginger & Lime Cordial
- Fi's Whiskey Cream Liqueur
- Fast Easy GF Spice Carrot and Orange Cake
- Buttered Caramel Popcorn Cupcake
- BBQ Salt (Braai Sout)
- EASY Apricot and Peach/Nectarine Chutney (South African)
- Hot Cross Fudge
- Gluten Free Cheese and Herb Snack Sticks (Lunchbox)
- "Its all about Christmas" Cupcakes
- Pecan and Date Christmas Tart
- Eggnog - Alcohol Free (or not!)
- Halloween Mice and Spiders - Healthy, Nut Free
- Moroccan Style Marinade with Chickpeas
- Rich Milo Cake
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- Banana and honey Bundt cake
- Coconut Bounty Brownie (Adapted from New Idea Magazine)
- Chocolate raspberry muffins
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Golden Sultana Cake
- White Chocolate Berry Friands
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Raspberry Cake with Mascarpone Cream
- Pie-maker lemon custard pies