- 15 grams Hemp Seeds
- 10 grams chia seeds
- 10 grams raw almonds (about 12)
- 1-2 Frozen Bananas
- 80 grams Frozen mixed berries or blueberries
- 4-5 fresh strawberries (with the green tops left on)
- 1 Large Kale leaf
- half lemon (peeled)
- 200 grams coconut water
- 1 Small handful ice
- 1 Wheatgrass juice shot or 1 cube frozen wheatgrass juice (optional)
- 1 medjool date (optional - for extra sweetening)
1. Mill seeds and almonds 20sec/sp9. Scrape down.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend 1min/sp9.
This amount serves two, or one hungry person. I have the whole amount to myself most mornings and it's usually about a pint and a half's worth
It's also a fairly thick smoothie, so if you like it a little thinner, add an extra 50g of liquid.
Home made almond milk is also really nice in this smoothie. Either replace the coconut water with it or use half of each. Almond milk is 1 cup of soaked almonds, 3 cups water, blend 2mins/sp9, strain through tea towel or nut milk bag.
You can also change the fruits/veg/seeds/nuts to try something different!
Cocodrills are available from specialty food shops like Malibu Fresh Essentials in Rockingham.
by Laura Le Scelle - Thermomix Consultant from Rockingham, WA
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Golden latte the ThermoMonts way.
- Watermelon Frose Cocktail
- Blueberry Protein Smoothie
- Brewed Ginger Beer (alcoholic)
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- Kombucha tea
- Ginger Water
- Healthy Green Smoothie
- Superfood Hot Chocolate
- Everyday Smoothie
- Strawberry Irish Cream Liqueur (Faux Strawberries and Cream Bailey's)
- Wheat grass juice