- 1 litre Milk
- 3 cm ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 4 pieces Cinnamon bark
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Whole Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon ajwain seeds (optional)
- 2 --- star anise
- 8 --- cardamon pods
- 8 --- cloves
- 1 --- bay leaf
- 8 black tea bags
- 1 tablespoon honey
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Put all ingreedients in to the bowl and put on the lid and mc.
2. Heat on 90 degrees, speed 2, 10 minutes, reverse .
3. Use the simmering basket or a tea strainer to pour the chai tea in to your cup or jug.
4. Add honey to your tea for a sweeter taste.
Note: Only use reverse if you have put the whole tea bag in the bowl - to prevent the bag from breaking. If you use loose leaf tea, then there is no need to use reverse.
To make your chai tea caffine free, use a tea leaf such as rooibos tea or decaf tea.
Caffeine Free Chai Tea
Accessories you need
Chai tea is a healthy alternative to coffee.
To adjust the taste, just add more or less ingredients to the milk.
This recipe was created by Tess Zanco - Thermomix BM.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Speedy Cold Brew Coffee and tip to turn it into Nitro Cold Brew
- Malted Choc
- Green Chia Smoothie
- Vanillacino Frosty
- Mint Slice Martini
- Orange Pineapple Juice
- Vanilla Chai Spice Mix
- Turmeric Latte Powder
- Thick hot chocoate
- Variation kalhua
- Berry and Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- Golden latte the ThermoMonts way.
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Tuna Mornay
- Apricot Slice
- Russian Honey Cake
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Tuna Mornay (Variation)
- Japanese milk bread