- 1 litre Milk
- 3 cm ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 4 pieces Cinnamon bark
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Whole Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon ajwain seeds (optional)
- 2 --- star anise
- 8 --- cardamon pods
- 8 --- cloves
- 1 --- bay leaf
- 8 black tea bags
- 1 tablespoon honey
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Put all ingreedients in to the bowl and put on the lid and mc.
2. Heat on 90 degrees, speed 2, 10 minutes, reverse .
3. Use the simmering basket or a tea strainer to pour the chai tea in to your cup or jug.
4. Add honey to your tea for a sweeter taste.
Note: Only use reverse if you have put the whole tea bag in the bowl - to prevent the bag from breaking. If you use loose leaf tea, then there is no need to use reverse.
To make your chai tea caffine free, use a tea leaf such as rooibos tea or decaf tea.
Caffeine Free Chai Tea
Accessories you need
Chai tea is a healthy alternative to coffee.
To adjust the taste, just add more or less ingredients to the milk.
This recipe was created by Tess Zanco - Thermomix BM.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Strawberry Liqueur
- Easy Basic Soy Milk
- Beetroot Juice - great for Pre & Post Training
- Variation Soy Milk 豆浆
- Carrot &Apple juice
- Tumeric Soy Latte
- Cinnamon and Mint Tea
- ELDERBERRY SYRUP with extra cloves
- Healthy up & run Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Chocolate Fudge creamy frappe
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Taro and sago
- BLACK RICE YOGHURT
- Braised Chicken
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Egg FREE Caramel Slice
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Variation Limes puff