- 200 grams Raw almonds (skin on)
- 150 grams Medjool Dates - Pitted
- 1 teaspoon Ground Dutch Cinnamon Powder
- 1 teaspoon vanila bean paste, ( I use homemade )
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1000 grams Purified Water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes, ( extra - for soaking )
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Soak the almonds in a glass or ceramic bowl for 24 hours with the salt and enough filtered water to cover the almonds by 3-4cm. If you remember, change the soak water after 12 or so hours. No need to add salt again. Drain and rinse the soaked almonds well.
Place in bowl with remaining ingredients and blend on speed 9 for 90 seconds. Strain mixture thorugh a nut milk bag or fine straining cloth. Gently massage the mixture to help seperate the milk from the remaining fibre. Don't squeeze your bag too hard or you may burst the seams and squash fibre through. Store milk in glass jars in your fridge and use within 3 - 4 days. Shake well before using to mix the milk with the cream.
Soaking helps to deactivate substances that are stopping the nut/seed from growing, particularly protease inhibitors (protease is an enzyme that helps break down protein). Soaking also aids the removal of anti-nutrients like phytates that can interfere with mineral absorption; however phytates are more of an issue in grain foods.
You can use leftover pulp to make Bliss Balls.
Accessories you need
Adjust dates to your desired level of sweetness.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Frozen Espresso Matrini
- Green Smoothie
- Caz’s Caramilk Cocktail
- Orange cordial concentrate
- 50/50 Lemon and Orange cordial concentrate
- Lemon Cordial Concentrate
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Mudslide with Keto IceCream
- Passion Mango "Boost Juice style smoothie"
- Dairy Free Breakfast Smoothie
- Pineapple and Lemon Slushy
- Perfect Chai Latte Mix by Thermosmitten