- 250 grams coconut water
- 40-60 grams kale leaves
- 2 cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 cm fresh tumeric, peeled
- 1 lemon, peeled, (or unpeeled for a stronger flavour)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped, (or 1/2 an avocado if you prefer fruit-free)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 ice cubes
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place all ingredients in Thermomix bowl, and blend for 2 minutes on speed 9.
'Flu Fighter' Green Smoothie
Accessories you need
Add more liquid if you prefer a thinner juice.
Try adding a superfood, such as maca powder or hemp seeds.
Green smoothies are packed with disease-fighting nutrients - a fast and easy way to give your body what it needs.
Packed with phytonutrients from the greens, your immune system will get a nice boost to help it function optimally.
Unlike juices, smoothies consist of the entire fruit or vegetable, skin and all, and contain all of the fiber from the fruits and vegetables. The blending process breaks the fibre apart (which makes the fruit and vegetables easier to digest) but also helps create a slow, even release of nutrients into the blood stream and avoids blood sugar spikes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nut Free Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Lamington Nut Free Lunchbox Bliss Balls
- Easy Spelt Pancakes
- Raw Salted Caramel Easter Chocolates
- Christmas Muffins - gift in a jar
- Meatballs with Tomato & Tamarind Sauce
- Chocolate beetroot cupcakes gluten free dairy free nut free refined sugar free
- Jason's Famous Shepherds Pie
- Kids Favourite Jam Biscuits
- Kid Friendly Coconut Chocolate
- Nut Free Spinach & Feta Pesto
- Child Friendly Chicken Liver Pate