- 1/3 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 50 grams icecubes
- 180 grams brown sugar, to taste
- 2 lemons, flesh only
- 80 grams fresh ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 litre sparkling mineral water, chilled
- extra sparkling mineral water, to taste
1. Place mint and ice into mixing bowl, blend 5 sec/speed 9.
2. Scrape down the sides and blend for another 5 sec/speed 9.
3. Place sugar, lemon and ginger into mixing bowl, blend 20 sec/speed 8.
4. Add 300g of the mineral water and mix 4 sec/speed 8.
5. Strain through TM basket into a jug. Discard contents of basket.
6. Place reserved liquid and remaining 700g mineral water into mixing bowl and combine 5 sec/speed 4.
7. Pour back into jug and top up with extra sparkling mineral water, to taste. Serve with ice.
Accessories you need
This is an adaptation of the Ginger Beer recipe from the EDC.
The number of portions will depend on how much extra sparkling mineral water you add: I thought it was a bit strong with just 1L and needed approximately 200ml extra for a good flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.