- 10 grams black tea, (adjust to taste)
- 1 grams Star of Anise
- 150 gram raw sugar
- 4 level teaspoon ginger ground
- 4 level teaspoons cardomom ground
- 4 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 2 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 10 grams Honey or Vanilla Powder
- 200 level teaspoon milk powder or coffee mate
- 300 grams Milk, per serve
- 3 heaped teaspoons chai mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon sugar, for garnishing
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add black tea and star of anise and mill for 20 sec/sp9
Add sugar to bowl and mill for 10 sec/sp9
Add all other ingredients and mix 10 sec/speed 4
Make sure its all illed down to a fine powder
Store mix in an airtight container.
Add milk to bowl, approx 1 cup per serve (depends on the size of your cup/latte glass/mug) and add 3 heaped teaspoons of the chai latte mix per serving you are making.
Heat milk for 3 mins/80°c/sp2 with mc in.
To froth the milk, keep mc in, gradually turning speed up, for 30 secs/sp8.
Pour into glass/cup and garnish with cinnamon sugar.
Accessories you need
If you prefer your milk hotter increase temp to 85°c. If doing more than one serve increase heating time by 20%
If using whole spices, make sure you mill down to a fine powder. Ground spices work better to prevents bits floating in tea.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Cordial
- Passionfruit mojito
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Fiona’s Iced Coffee
- Pineapple and Coconut Daiquiri
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- Heavenly BoozyBunny Easter Chocolate Cocktail
- Purple smoothie
- Best Quality Life Grapes-Clove healing
- Tim Tam Milkshake
- Creamy chicken tomato spaghetti.
- Clare's Creamy Coconut Yoghurt - Automated TM5 Version
- Breakfast Bites (Wheat & Refined Sugar Free)
- coco-nutty crunchy granola (I quit Sugar)
- My Raspberry Ripple (I Quit Sugar Sarah Wilson)
- Beetroot Chorizo & Feta Risotto
- Raw Broccoli, Basil & Cashew Pesto
- Ryvita Style Crackers (Wheat, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Gluten Free Gooey Caramel Anzac Slice by Happy Mum Happy Child
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Easy peasy Apple cinnamon scrolls
- Ultimate Chocolate Brownie (Variation)
- Melbourne Mash
- Steak &Kidney doughboys