- 30 skewers, (approximately)
- 1kg raw uncooked prawns
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried ground coriander seeds
- 20 grams fish sauce
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 spring onion
- 70 grams olive oil spray
- 2 Limes
Submerge skewers into water and leave overnight to soak. Once soaked, remove the skewers from the water and set aside ready to use.
Place prawns into a large bowl or container ready to be marinated. Set aside.
Peel and put into the TM bowl the rind of one lime. Squeeze the juice of the same lime and also add it into the TM bowl.
Add spring onion, chilli, coriander leaves and garlic cloves into the TM bowl and chop 10 sec / speed 8. (Scrape down the sides of the bowl and chop a further 10 sec / speed 8 to cut the above-mentioned finer if desired.)
Scrape down sides of the bowl again and add oil, fish sauce, ground coriander and mix 5 sec / speed 3.
Pour marinade on top of the prawns and toss until well combined. Cover and refrigerate marinated prawns for at least two hours but preferably overnight.
Once marinated, thread prawns onto the skewers and in doing so remove, if any, chunky marinade ingredients (e.g. ungrated rind, unchopped coriander leaves).
Preheat a barbecue hot plate over high heat and grease by spraying extra virgin olive oil. Add prawns and cook for 5 minutes or until crisp and cooked through.
Once cooked, transfer prawns onto a platter. Top with coriander and lime wedges.
Accessories you need
To see images in more detail visit the blog entry on LaLa's Kitchen - //www.lalaskitchen.net/?p=534
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- Easter Brunch Kedgeree
- Alfredo with prawns
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Caldaretta (Filipino Beef Stew)
- Chocolate Tagliatelle with Choc Hazelnut Sauce
- Pink Moscato Panna Cotta with Pistachios
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Barbecue Pork Belly Skewers
- Crayfish Tails Steamed in Beer
- Mango Mousse Cups
- Chocolate Malteser Fudge
- Caramalised Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce
- Greek Chicken Pinwheels
- Brownie Batter Spread
- Sweet Filipino Spaghetti