- 1000 gram Fresh mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1 brown onion, cut in quarters
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 long red chillies, sliced
- 3 piece bacon, diced (I recommend wood-smoked middle bacon)
- 1 level tbsp Butter
- 1 cans canned diced tomatoes, 400g size
- 140 g beer, about half a bottle (I recommend pale ale)
- 2 level teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Clean and de-beard mussels if this has not been done. Arrange in the deep Varoma tray. Set aside.
- Add the quartered onion to the mixing bowl, and chop for 3sec on speed 5 (measuring cup on). Scrape down sides of bowl.
- All the sliced chilli, garlic, bacon and butter to the mixing bowl. Cook for 5min at Varoma temperature on speed 1 (measuring cup off). Scrape down sides.
- Add canned tomatoes, beer and paprika to the mixing bowl. Place Varoma tray with mussels on top. Cook for 20min at Varoma temperature on speed 1. Extend cooking time if required until mussels are opened and cooked.
- Serve mussels in bowls topped with sauce. You may like to top with chopped parsley and serve with warm crusty buttered bread. Enjoy!
Can make dairy-free if substitute oil or dairy-free margarine for the butter.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut Rice with Salmon and veggies ALL IN ONE
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- My Mother's Seafood Chowder
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Prawns Tom Yum Noodle
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Chocolate, chia & ginger cookies
- Raw Caramel Nut Slice
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!