- 5 slices white bread, cut into quaters
- 150 grams Cheddar cheese, cut into approx 4 cm cubes
- 1 leek (white part) sliced into 5 cm pieces, Wash well before use
- 1 Brown onion peeled and quartered
- 1-3 cloves of garlic peeled
- 12 sprigs Parsley leaves
- 60 grams Butter
- 50 grams plain flour
- 500 grams Milk of choice
- 2 teaspoon Vegetable Stock Concentrate (EDC)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper or Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 425 grams Can of Tuna in Brine, Drained
- 420 grams Tinned Corn Kernals, Drained
- 150 grams White rice cooked EDC, Precook rice as per EDC Page 22
Recipe is created for
Cook rice as per page 22 of EDC. Set aside.
Clean and dry bowl.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Place bread into mixing bowl, Blitz for 10 sec/speed 6. Set aside
Place cheese cubes into mixing bowl, Grate for 10 sec/ speed 9. Set aside.
Place onion, parsley, 1-3 cloves of garlic (depending on personal taste) , leek into clean and dry mixing bowl, chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add 30 gms of the butter saute 3min/ Varoma/ speed 1.
Add milk, remaining butter, plain flour, Vegetable stock concentrate, Paprika or Cayenne Pepper, Black pepper, cook 7min/ 90 degrees/ speed 4.
When cooking is completed add 150gm cooked white rice, drained tuna, and drained corn into mixing bowl. (1/2 cup of fresh or frozen peas is an option to be added at this point also.)
Cook 5min/ 90 degrees /speed 3.
Place mornay mix in large casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs and grated cheese.
Place dish in preheated oven . Bake for 15 min or until golden brown
Left over rice can be used in this recipe. Add more of less garlic to taste. Our family is not a fan of cooked peas, but many will like to add at same time as corn , tuna and rice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish
- Fried Shrimps
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Strawberry & Vanilla Teacake
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Vanilla Slice
- Peanutbutter choc chip cookie
- Vanilla Fudge
- Blue Cheese and Caper Butter
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac