THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2-4 fillets White Flesh Fish, skinned, boned and cut into approx 1 inch pieces
- plain flour, to coat fish prior to batter
- 1 lemon, to serve
- 1 pinch salt, milled
- 1 egg, separated
- 25 grams Butter
- 125 grams Self Raising Flour
- 195 grams beer, of your choice
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Soy Sauce, optional
- 1 sprig Dill, optional / roughly chopped
- 1 chilli, OPTIONAL *this Recipe is EXTREAMLY HOT without Chilli
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 140 grams tomato sauce
- 140 grams ABC Chilli Sauce, amount can be adjusted to suit how much heat you can handle, this recipe is EXREAMLY HOT
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 shallot, chopped finely
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Insert Butterfly into Bowl
Add Egg white and a pinch of Salt, whip 3 minutes/speed 4 or untill a stiff consistancy.
Remove from Bowl and set aside.
2. Remove Butterfly from Bowl
Add 25 grams butter, melt 30 seconds/50˚C/speed 4.
3. Add 125 grams Self Raising Flour, 125 grams Beer and Egg Yolk, mix 10 seconds/speed 5.
Scrape down sides and lid.
4. Add Egg White, 70 grams Beer, 1 Tablespoon Sweet Soy Sauce and Dill, mix 10 seconds/speed 5 or untill smooth.
5. Transfer into Bowl and set aside in Fridge until Chilli Sauce is Complete.
Clean Bowl and Lid to complete Chilli Sauce
1. Add Chilli, Garlic and Grated Ginger to Bowl, chop 5 seconds/Speed 7
Scrap down sides of bowl
2. Add 1 tablespoon Oil, Saute 2 minutes/80˚C/speed 2
3. Add 140 grams Tomato Sauce and 140 grams ABC Chilli Sauce(optional amount, EXTREAMLY HOT sauce amount adjust to suit your heat tolerance levels), Stir 2 minutes/80˚C/speed 2.
4. Add Raw Sugar, Soy Sauce, Dry Sherry and Water to Bowl, simmer 9 minutes/90˚C/speed 2.
5. Add chopped Shallot 2 minutes/90˚C/speed 2
1. Remove Beer Batter from Fridge and coat Fish chunks in Plain Flour
2. Batter Fish and cook 6-8 chunks at a time in Deep Fryer 190˚C for approx 1 minute or alternativly shallow fry, set aside in Oven on low heat untill all Fish is cooked
3. Serve Battered Fish on a bed of steamed White Rice with a wedge of Lemon and Chilli Sauce drizzled over the top
Light Beer Batter (adapted from Thermykim's Best Beer Batter for Fish Recipe)
HOT Chilli Sauce
Deep Fry Fish and Plate
Accessories you need
This Sauce is EXTREAMLY HOT, please read recipe and adjust to your Heat Tolerance.
You will also need a Deep Fryer or alternatively you can Shallow Fry
I cook my rice in the microwave whilst I am preparing the Chilli Sauce and my husband cooks the fish in the Deep Fryer at the same time.
If you are cooking this Recipe by yourself I would Deep Fry the Fish once the Chilli Sauce has finished cooking and reheat the Chilli Sauce in the Thermomix 2-3 minutes/90˚C/speed 2
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- Easter Brunch Kedgeree
- Alfredo with prawns
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Gluten free berry yoghurt cake
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- DF, GF, RSF School Muesli Bars
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Pecan Pie
- Paleo Apple Cake
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /