- 250 grams white rice
- 1 tsp ground red chillies or cayenne pepper, (more or less to taste - are you feeling adventurous?)
- 340-350 grams sparkling water
- 500 grams king crab meat, shelled, or 500 g mixed vegetables such as carrots, courgettes/zucchini, cauliflower or a mixture of both
- pinch Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp wheat flour, (use some of the rice flour if you are wheat intolerant)
- Oil for frying
Make the rice flour: Weigh rice into Thermomix bowl. Place a piece of kitchen roll/paper towel between the lid and the measuring cup and Grind 5 minutes/Speed 10.
Prepare the vegetables by cutting them into strips. Place the crab pieces/ vegetable strips in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of wheat flour (or rice flour) and coat them in it. This absorbs any liquid and helps the batter stick.
Add the ground red chillies to the rice flour in the Thermomix bowl. Weigh in the sparkling water and blend 30 seconds/Speed 6. Check the consistency and add more water if required. The batter should be like thick cream.
Heat about one inch/2 cm of oil in a very small pan (you’ll not waste so much oil) or in a deep fat fryer. Oil is hot enough when a drop of batter sizzles and turns golden brown. Pour batter over crab/vegetables and stir to coat evenly. Fry in small batches until just golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
Serve on heated plates with sauce or sauces of your choice.
Bon appétit !
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Chilli Mussels
- Coconut Rice with Salmon and veggies ALL IN ONE
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Mom’s Chili Con Carne, Thermomix style
- Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegetarian Coconut Milk Wraps with Sweet Chilli and Lime Dipping Sauce
- Mexican Chicken All-in-One Varoma Meal
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Marion’s Fabulous Scones
- Artichokes Vinaigrette in the Varoma!
- Cauliflower Couscous (Tabouleh)
- Coffee Walnut Cake
- Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Gluten Free and Grain Free)
- Low Fat All-in-One Varoma Chicken Supper
- Bernie Brennan’s Almond and Seed Crackers
- Patricia Wells’ Black Olive Tapenade