- 6 dried red chillies
- 8 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1cm Fresh Tamarind
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 12 Curry Leaves (fresh if possible)
- Sea Salt to season
- 4 Asian Eggplants, chopped into large pieces
- 1/4 Cauliflower head (about 250g) chopped into florets
- 16 Okra, cut into large pieces
- 20 Whole Sardines, cleaned
- Coriander leaves to garnish
Recipe is created for
91st main course 2nd main course Appetizer Main course Side dish Starter Alcohol-free Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Nut free Autumn Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Valentine’s Day Winter Creative Easy Quick Birthday Buffet Everyday Holiday Cooking Indian Dinner Lunch Fish dish
Place all Paste ingredients into TM bowl except onion and tamarind. Grind to a powder 10secs/spd9.
add onion and tamarind blitz 10sec/sp8. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat of necessary. Set aside.
Put in 800g water in dirty bowl & blitz 5secs/spd5. Set aside as you will use this in the curry.
SARDINE CURRY - - -
Put oil in TM bowl & heat 4mins/Varoma/spd1. Add curry leaves for 1min/100deg/Sp1 until fragrant. Add Masala Paste and reserved masala water and season with salt.
Made Eggplant, Okra and cook 5mins/100deg/sp1 or until boiling.
Once boiling, set 7-10mins/100deg/Slow Speed & Reverse, drop sardines through the hole in lid. Once sardines are just cooked (remembering smaller sardines will cook quicker), sprinkle with chopped coriander to serve.
TIP: Asian Eggplants are longer and thinner than regular eggplants. They can be found at Asian Grocers and some supermarkets. If you can't, any regular eggolants will be fine.
OKRA also known as ladyfingers. Popular in many cuisines including Indian, Israeli, Japanese and Mediterranean. It is best used when very young, while the pod is green, tender and immature. Okra is a good source of vitamin A & C, fibre, calcium and iron. It has a glutinous texture when cooked and brings body to soups, stews and curries.
CONVERTED from Pete Evans 'Healthy Every Day' book page 115.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hearty and healthy Seafood Chowder
- Coconut Lime Salmon steamed in Banana Leaves
- Tuna Mornay with Spiral Pasta
- Salmon poke bowl
- White Fish in Tumeric and Ginger Broth
- Tuna and rocket risoni salad
- CRUMBED CRAB CAKES
- Vietnamese Steam fish with ginger and garlic
- Steamed Fishballs and fragrant Tomato Sauce
- Steamed Whole Snapper with Yellow Curry Sauce
- Easy Fish Cakes
- Laksa Penang
- Kerri’s Savoury Zucchini & Sundried Tomato Muffins
- Oliver's LF/DF Mac n Cheese
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Vegan Caramel Sauce DF GF
- Supercharger Mousse DF/GF
- Coco Therapy (DF, GF, SF)
- Tari's Fruit Mince Pies
- 'You Won't Believe They Are Gluten Free Pancakes' (GF, DF, Refined SF)
- GF Double Choc Cookies
- Cashew & Peanut Brittle (Gluten Free)
- Black & Chewy Superbars (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Dairy Free Jaffa Fudge Brownies