- 1 tbsp spring onion/shallot, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 80 g Smoked Salmon
- 10 fresh baby spinach leaves, (optional)
- sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 20 g freshly squuezed lemon juice, to taste
- 0.5 avocado, finely sliced
- 150 g fresh baby spinach leaves, stalks removed
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 30 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
Place spring onion/shallot, smoked salmon, and spinach leaves (if using) into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5, increasing speed gradually from speed 1 to speed 5.
Place chopped mix into a small bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper and carefully combine with lemon juice and avocado. Set aside.
Place 700g water into mixing bowl and heat 5 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Place spinach into Varoma dish, sprinkle with salt and place Varoma into position. Steam 4 min/Varoma/speed 2. Place wilted spinach into TM basket to drain and squeeze out any residual liquid using the spatula. Retain water in the mixing bowl.
Place half the wilted spinach into the base of two 7cm ramekins, top each with half the cream and Parmesan and finish with a cracked egg. Place ramekins into Varoma dish and cook 8-10 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Using an oven glove, remove ramekins from Varoma and place onto two serving plates. Top with reserved salsa and serve.
Smoked salmon avocado salsa
Poached egg pots
Serve Poached egg pots with toast, fresh bread or flat-bread.
Cooking time for the poached egg pots will depend on how you like your eggs cooked. Decrease or increase cooking times accordingly.
You can double this recipe to serve four people. A maximum of three ramekins will fit into the Varoma dish at any one time, so you will need to cook them in two batches.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish
- Fried Shrimps
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Chilli Mussels
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen