- 250/300 grams salmon fillet, fresh
- 1/2 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 level teaspoon soya sauce
- salt & pepper / seasoning to taste
- 2 level teaspoons Lemon Juice fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon seseme oil
- 4 slices Fresh lemon
into a glass bowl add sliced fennel, season with salt and pepper and lemon juice, toss to mix then set aside.
using tweezers remove bones from salmon fillet and set aside
a piece of baking paper or tin foil big enough to wrap fish.
place half of the slice fennel on paper or foil with 2 slices of lemon. then place salmon fillet ontop. season salmon with salt and pepper, spread top of salmon with the soya sauce and seseme oil and rest of fennel and the other 2 slices of lemon.
wrap fish and place in the varoma dish and steam for 20mins or less if you like it abit raw in the centre.
steamed fennel and salmon for one
Accessories you need
half way through cooking add bok choy or veggies of your choice into the varoma if desired.
the juices from in the wrapper is lovely to spoon over the salmon when cooked
i also added small piece of ginger/garlic/seseme oil to the water in the TM bowl.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Chilli Mussels
- Coconut Rice with Salmon and veggies ALL IN ONE
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Banoffie Cake (using banana cake from edmonds cookbook)
- seafood & corn chowder with curried choux dunkers
- steamed silverbeet pouches in coconut cream
- Feijoa Mayonaise
- pineapple banana and cucumber smoothie
- Bacon and Leek Quiche
- Grandmas' Tomato Relish
- Waitangi Day Brunch
- cheesey-carrot and marmite muffins
- fried Green Tomato coated with TM Dukka
- curried kumara cuppa soup
- venetian Butter