THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2 pieces Salmon, (Frozen)
- 70 grams rice, Per Person
- 400 grams cococut milk
- 200 grams water
- 100 grams Mixed Frozen Veg, Per Person
- soy sauce or tamari
- sesame seeds
Place Basket inside bowl and measure the dry rice.
Take the basket out of the bowl and wash the rice under running water (leave the rice in the basket)
Return basket containing rice to the bowl.
Tip over the rice one can of coconut milk, then add another 200g of water (just fill your empty coconut milk can half way up and add that)
Place bowl in Thermomix. Put the lid on (MC off).
Place frozen vegies into bottom tray of Varoma, and frozen salmon on top (don't worry if the pieces of salmon are frozen together). Pop the lid on.
Cook Varoma, 20 minutes, speed 1.
After the 20 minutes, separate the salmon pieces and cook for a further 3-5 minutes, Varoma, 3 minutes Speed 1. If you want to, you can take out the rice and veg at this point and start to serve the meal while you give the salmon its extra 3 minutes.
Serve coconut rice, topped with Veg and Salmon. Add a splash of soy or tamari to taste and sprinkle with sesame seeds (or magic seeds as we call them for the little people).
Accessories you need
* Every Thursday we spend the morning at the beach with a Surfing Mum's Group. We come home sandy and hungry. It takes me just minutes to set this up, before I can start cooking, and bundle all the sandy people into the shower.
By the time we are finished we have a delicious lunch awaiting us!
Everyone loves it - its great for kids - my 4 year and my 16 month both devour it and eat lots of fish and veg when we have this dish.
* We modify the "splash" of soy/tamari depending on we are serving to...
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Superfood Seed Bar
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough