- 900 g water
- 400 g Sushi Rice
- 2-3 Spring Onion/Shallots, cut into pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into pieces
- 150 g Smoked Salmon
- 1-2 Avocados, cut into cubes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and deseeded
- 1-2 cooked prawns, per serving (optional)
- 3 nori sheets
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds, dry roasted (white or black)
- pickled pink ginger, for garnishing
- 30 g mirin
- 30 g roasted sesame oil
- 40 g soy sauce, (see Tips)
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 30 g rice wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp wasabi paste
- 100 g mayonnaise
Recipe is created for
Place water into mixing bowl and rice into basket. Insert basket and cook rice for 15 mins/Varoma/speed 2. Remove and place into large serving bowl to cool.
Place spring onions and carrots into mixing bowl and chop for 4 secs/speed 4. Add to rice.
Add fish of choice, avocado, and diced cucumber and set aside.
Make the dressing and toss gently through salad.
Plate up on individual serving plates and garnish with prawns, sprinkle with sesame seeds, shredded Nori sheets (use scissors) and pickled ginger.
Serve with additional wasabi if desired.
Place all ingredients except mayonnaise into mixing bowl and blend for 10 secs/speed 7.
Add mayonnaise. Stir through for 10 secs/speed 3.
Accessories you need
Smoked salmon can be substituted with Tuna sashimi
Soy sauce can be substituted with tamari sauce in the dressing
Other users also liked...
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza