- 150 gram macaroni or ditali pasta
- 120 gram Cheddar Cheese Cubed
- 20 gram bread
- 20 gram parmesan cheese cubed
- 1 onion
- 150 gram zucchini, roughly diced
- 30 gram Butter
- 300 gram Milk
- 100 gram cream
- 45 gram plain flour
- 20 gram Dijon mustard
- 310 gram Corn, drained
- 50 gram frozen peas
- 425 gram tuna, drained - I use springwater
Recipe is created for
TM 5If you are using a Thermomix® TM6 measuring cup with your Thermomix® TM5:
For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
Cook pasta in a pot on the stove as per packet directions.
Pre heat oven to 180C.
Add cheddar cheese to bowl and grate for 5 seconds on speed 7. Set aside.
Add parmsan and bread and mill for 5 seconds on speed 7. Set aside seperately and scrape bowl out well.
Add onion and zucchini to bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6. Add butter and saute for 3 minutes at 100C speed 1.
Add milk, cream and flour and cook for 5 minutes at 90C "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 3.
Add 80g of the cheddar cheese and the dijon mustard and mix for 10 seconds "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 3.
Add corn, peas and tuna and mix for 10 seconds "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 2.5.
Add cooked pasta to TM bowl and gently stir through mornay sauce with spatula. Pour mixture into oven proof dish, top with parmesan breadcrumbs and leftover cheddar cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
Accessories you need
You could use celery instead of zucchini.
You can also have no breadcrumbs or more using whatever bread you have on hand.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jimbaran BBQ Fish Sauce @levi_nathania
- Otak Otak
- Marians Fettuccine
- Batagor by @levi_nathania
- Prawn and Egg Curry
- The Wedding Soup by @levi_nathania
- Curried Salmon
- Steamed Fish with Mushroom by Levi
- MEXICAN TUNA MORNAY
- Crispy Corned Tuna
- Simply & Yummy Tuna Pasta
- Tuna Mornay Pasta Bake by The Busy Thermie
- Chocolate Rum and Raisin Icecream
- Julie's Tomato Chutney
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Caramelised Onion & Feta Tarts
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Feta, Bacon & Spinach Quiche