- 180 g quinoa, White
- 900 g water
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 150 g broccoli, Florets Small Cut
- 150 g green beans, Cut 3 cm pieces approx
- 70 g Baby Spinach Leaves
- 12 pieces cherry tomatoes, Quartered
- 4 sprigs coriander, Chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice, Freshly Squeezed
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 4 pieces Salmon FIllet, Skinless
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 125 g cream, Thickened
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 sprigs Dill Tips Fresh
6h 28minPreparation 6h 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place the Steamer basket inside a glass or plastic bowl which has a lid, that can be used to cover the bowl while the quinoa soaks.
2. Place the Quinoa in the steamer basket with one tablespoon of lemon / lime juice or apple cider vinegar.
3. Cover the quinoa with water until the water reaches about half way up the steamer basket. Set aside to soak overnight, or a minimum of 6 hours.
4. After soaking has finished, with the Quinoa remaining in the steamer basket rinse well (about 3 times).
5. Add 900ml of water to the Thermomix Bowl
6. Insert the steamer basket containing the rinsed Quinoa, Cook 6 minutes, Varoma, speed 4.
7. Place Salmon on Varoma tray, season with salt & pepper, then place Varoma into position and steam 8 minutes, Varoma, speed 3.
8. Add Broccoli florets, green beans into Varoma Bowl, steam 4 minutes, Varoma, speed 3.
9. When the Thermomix has finished cooking, set vegetables and salmon aside.
10. Remove the steamer basket and tip the quinoa into a Thermoserver. Place the vegetables from the Varoma tray into thermoserver with the quinoa and cover with Thermoserver lid.
11. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
12. Place Dill into mixing bowl and chop 2-3 seconds speed 5. Scrape down mixing bowl and set dill aside.
13. Place cream, mustard, lemon / lime juice, sugar into mixing bowl and cook 4 minutes, 80 degrees, speed 2.
14. Add Egg Yolk and Dill, cook 15 seconds, 80 degrees, speed 2.
15. While sauce is cooking, add baby spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes, lime juice, salt & pepper to taste to Thernoserver with quinoa and vegetables. Toss and adjust salt, pepper and lime juice to taste.
16. Place a portion of salad onto dinner plate. Place a piece of salmon beside the salad. To finish add a small amount of dill sauce to finish. Seve immediately.
Accessories you need
Quinoa - best pre soaked / activated, however can be used without soaking, be sure to rinse well before cooking.
A variety of vegetables can be used in this recipe including capsicum, roasted pumpkin.
For a slightly different variation add 125g pan fried haloumi, diced after cooking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ceviche with avocado mousse
- Teriyaki Salmon with Rice and Sesame Vegetables
- Dill Sauce
- Steamed Octopus with punched potatoes and green beans
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Love Ley Choko Pickles
- Healthy Home School Christmas Cake, gluten free option
- Better than Baileys
- Stracciatella Gelato
- Challah de Shabbat de Stéphane Laik
- Steamed Rice and Vegetables
- Whipped Feta with Honey Dip
- Tangzhong Pandan Bun
- Creamy Mustard Chicken
- Jean's Rice Pilaf
- THERMOMUMMA BREAD ROLLS
- THERMOMUMMA JUMBO LOAF