THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 140 g almonds
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, in 2 cm pieces
- 150 g quinoa
- 1 tablespoon TM Vegetable stock paste
- 900 g water, (for cooking quinoa)
- 1 egg
- 35 g sesame seeds
- 500 g chicken tenderloins, or chicken breast, cut into 1 cm strips
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 80 g bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 200 g feta cheese, diced or roughly crumbled
- 80 g spinach, chopped finely (or defrost frozen spinach)
- 80 g mushrooms, sliced
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a large quiche dish or baking dish (mine was 30 cm by 25 cm)
- Chop almonds for 10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
- Grate cheese for 10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
- Put water and stock into mixing bowl. Rinse quinoa well in a fine strainer (steamer basket has too large holes, you will lose too much through them). Put rinsed quinoa into steamer basket and insert into bowl.
- Put chicken onto Varoma tray in a single layer, and place Varoma on top of mixing bowl.
- Cook at Varoma temperature for 15 minutes, speed 4 (Speed 2 for TM31).
- Fluff quinoa with a fork, then cook a further 5 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 4 (Speed 2 for TM31). Increase cooking time by a further 5 minutes if needed for either chicken or quinoa.
- Set cooked chicken aside. Remove steamer basket with the aid of the spatula. Empty water out of bowl (I tip it over the quinoa in the steamer basket to add extra flavour), then tip quinoa into the mixing bowl.
- Add all other crust ingredients, and mix for 20 seconds, speed 4 on reverse, using spatula through the lid to help it mix.
Spread quinoa mixture into the quiche dish or baking tray, and flatten out with the back of a spoon, bringing it up the sides to form a crust. Place in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside once browned. Meanwhile prepare filling.
Wash mixing bowl.
- Place onion and garlic into clean bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Add diced bacon and oil and cook for 3 minutes, speed 1, Reverse, at 120 degrees (Varoma temp for TM31) with MC off.
- Add chicken and eggs and mix for 5 seconds on speed 4, Reverse to shred chicken.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well with spatula.
- Pour filling into the crust. Spread out evenly and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cooked. Serve warm.
Crust and chicken
This is suitable for both TM5 and TM31 - follow directions in brackets for safety.This is a conversion for the Thermomix of this recipe by Kim Beach //kimbeach.com/free-resources/recipes/chicken-spinach-feta-quiche-with-a-quinoa-parmesan-crust/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- HCG or Keto Chicken with orange sauce and asparagus
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- Hot Curry Chicken
- Breakfast Acai Bowl
- Potato and Bacon Frittata
- Turkey Nut Stuffing
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Leek, Corn & Feta Frittata
- Anna’s Creamy Overnight Oats
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- "Boil Up" - Maori Kai
- Sweet tart cases
- Easy Christmas pudding with vegan options
- Chermoula chicken with quinoa and lentil salad
- Tropical florentines
- Pumpkin and Capsicum soup
- Flourless refined sugar free chocolate cake
- Chicken in Port Sauce with hasselback potatoes and steamed vegies
- German Apple Cake
- Clone of Strawberry Tart with Basil Sugar - Vegan
- Mint relish
- Sourdough Banana Bread (refined sugar, dairy and egg free)
- Bavarian Cream
- Number pork ribs
- Sue’s White Bread Loaf
- Rich Tomato Sauce
- Yorkshire puddings
- Mums Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Light Fruit Cake
- Redskin Fudge