- 80 grams brown onion, cut into quarters
- 20 grams Butter
- 1 teaspoon Keen's curry powder, (adjust for personal preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vegetta vegetable stock powder, OR 1/2 a teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 165 grams Trident light coconut cream
- 250 grams green banana prawns
- 1 sprig parsley, (optional for garnish)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Please read TIPS first
1. Chop onion for 4 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Add butter and saute for 2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
3. Add curry powder, Vegetta stock powder, lemon juice and coconut cream. Mix 6 seconds, speed 4. Then cook 2 minutes/VAROMA/speed 1.
4. Add prawns and cook 6 minutes/100 degrees/
5. (Optional) Garmish with a sprig of parsley
* These ingredients make a substantial amount of sauce so you could easily use 500 grams of prawns.
* Serve in bowls on it's own, or with spaghetti, warm crusty bread and a green salad.
* You could try to use the TM vegetable stock in lieu of vegetable stock powder. (I forgot I had TM stock in the freezer!) If you do use either the TM stock or vegetable stock powder, DO NOT ADD additional salt.
* We left the shells on the tails for presentation, although it makes it easier to eat to remove the shell prior to cooking.
I will post a photo next time I make it! It was absolutely scrumptious and we had licked the bowls clean before I managed a photo lol! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. It really is a simple dish, so easy to make and full of beautiful flavours.
This is an excellent dish for LCHF (low carb, high fat) followers
Fat 18.3 grams
Sat fat 12.6 grams
Carbs 8.5 grams
Sugar 2.9 grams
Protein 28.3 grams
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chloe’s fav Mac n cheese
- Kathleen's Butter Chicken (easiest ever)
- Parmesan & Zucchini Waffle
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- HCG or Keto Chicken with orange sauce and asparagus
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- Hot Curry Chicken
- Breakfast Acai Bowl
- Potato and Bacon Frittata
- Turkey Nut Stuffing
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice