- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 4 medium (or 3 large) gherkins, chopped in TMX 2 secs sp 4
- 1 cup green capsicum, chopped in TMX pulse on turbo
- 1 cup celery, chopped, chopped in TMX 2 secs sp 4
- 30 g radishes, chopped in TMX 2 secs sp 4
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped in TMX 4 secs sp 4
- 1 pack frozen peas, uncooked
- 4 rashers bacon, cooked then crumbled, chopped in TMX 4 secs sp 4
- 100 g extra sharp cheddar cheese, chopped in TMX 4 secs sp 4
- 50 g ripe olives, chopped in TMX 2 secs sp 4
- 1 cup mayonnaise, EDC recipe
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 2/3 teaspoon curry powder
An easy, tasty and attractive salad. This can be done several days ahead of serving and sealed in fridge container.
Put dressing ingredients in TMX bowl bowl, whip for 5 seconds on speed 6, pour over layered salad and top with remaining cheese, bacon and olives. Should spoon nicely.
For a lower-fat alternative, have a look at //www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/diet-sauce-vegetables/32555 instead of the traditional American dressing.
Accessories you need
Converted by Roslyn Teirney from recipe on p.50 of First Lady Cookbook 1978 - Grandma's Favourites, published by Columbia, South Carolina, branch of American Cancer Society.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Impossible quiche
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Genovese pasta
- Singapore Hokkien Mee
- Berry, banana breakfast smoothie
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)