THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 30 g Parmesan cheese, crust removed and cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 1 garlic clove
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes or semi sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- ½ ed capsicum, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 120 g unsalted cashew nuts
- 70 g olive oil
- 20 g white vinegar
- 100 g lemon juice (approx. 2-3 lemons)
- 400 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes (1 cm)
- 520 g chicken breast fillets, cut into cubes (2 cm)
- 160 g couscous, rinsed and drained
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
- 520 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces (4-5 cm)
- 130 g dried red split lentils
- 1250 g water
- 2 tbsp Vegetable stock paste (see tips_
- ⅛ tsp sea salt, to taste
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper, to taste
- 150-200 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 50 g dried cranberries (approx 2 tbsp) or raisins (approx. 2 tbsp)
- 8 dried apricots, cut into pieces
- 3 sprint onions/shallots, finely sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only, finely chopped or fresh coriander, leaves only, finely chopped
- 400 g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained or canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 7 fresh basil leaves, finely torn, for garnishing
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place Parmesan and garlic into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add sun-dried tomatoes, capsicum, cashew nuts, 20 g of the oil and 10 g of the vinegar and chop Turbo/1 sec/5 times, or until a rough yet evenly chopped consistency is achieved. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add lemon juice, remaining 50 g of the oil and 10 g of the vinegar and mix 5 sec/speed 6. Transfer dressing into a jug and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place Varoma dish into position then weigh pumpkin and chicken into it. Insert Varoma tray, then line with a piece of wet, well-rung baking paper. Weigh couscous onto Varoma tray, then spread couscous evenly over tray with spatula. Set Varoma aside.
Place coriander into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 7.
Add sweet potato, red lentils, water, stock paste, salt and pepper into mixing bowl. Place a serving bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh spinach and dried cranberries or raisins into it. Set serving bowl aside. Place Varoma into position and cook 17 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Arrange apricots, mint or coriander, spring onions/shallots and chickpeas or kidney beans into serving bowl.
Lightly stir pumpkin and chicken with spatula to ensure even cooking, then secure Varoma lid and cook for a further 7-8 min/Varoma/speed 1, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove Varoma and transfer chicken, pumpkin and couscous into serving bowl with other salad ingredients. Pour over reserved sun-dried tomato dressing and combine.
Insert measuring cup and blend 30 sec/speed 4-7, increasing speed gradually. Transfer soup into a ThermoServer and adjust seasoning to taste. Garnish soup with basil leaves and serve hot, followed by the salad.
Capsicum and sun-dried tomato dip
Warm Moroccan chicken salad and red lentil soup
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Varoma cooking class.
TM31 users can create a similar layered Varoma meal by making the Warm chicken pumpkin and couscous salad and Chickpea soup both found on Recipe Community.
Please refer to The Basic Cookbook for the Vegetable stock paste recipe.
Other users also liked...
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Variation Zucchini Slice gluten free
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Choo Chee Curry (mild version)
- Chia Apple and Almond Porridge
- OLD STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
- Vegetarian/Chicken Lettuce Cups
- spinach frittata
- Til’s lazy curry chicken
- Christmas Quiche
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- Cauliflower whip