- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2-3 Fresh red chillies, deseeded
- 50 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 400 grams canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoons sugar raw
- 200 grams water
- 1 teaspoons salt
- half teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 24 Medium Raw Prawns, peeled, can leave tails on
- 200 grams feta cheese, Greek style, cut inot 2cm cubes plus extra for garnish
- 2-3 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion, garlic and chillies into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides with spatula. [/size]
- Add oil and saute 2 min/100 degrees celcius/speed 1.[/size]
Add tomatoes, sugar, water, salt, pepper, oregano and mint and cook 15 min/100 degrees celcius/speed 3.
Insert simmering basket. Add prawns to simmering basket an cook 5-7 min/100 degrees celcius/speed 3 or until prawns are just cookded. Remove simmering basket with aid fo spatula and transfer prawns into a Thermoserver or other large bowl and cover to keep warm.[/size]
Add feta and cook 30 sec/80 degrees celcius /.[/size]
Divide sauce and feta between 4 serving bowls and top with reserved prawns. Serve garnished with coriander and feta.
Serve with crusty bread or Nan bread.
Accessories you need
If you remove the garlic, chillies and top with parsley instead of coriander, this will revert back to the original Greek Prawn Saganaki with Feta.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Genovese pasta
- Singapore Hokkien Mee
- Berry, banana breakfast smoothie
- Hazelnut, pear and apple yoghurt
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Mumbai Escort Recipe
- Variation Mealie Meal / Pap