- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 stick Celery
- 1/2 Onion - sliced into 3 pieces
- 1/2 Lemon - sliced into 3 pieces
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1.5 litres water
1h 15minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
1. Rinse the chicken cavity and then pat dry.
2. Pierce the skin several times.
3. Place the onion pieces, celery stick & lemon pieces in the cavity.
4. Gently stretch the wings & drumsticks away from the body to loosen joints.
5. Tie the drumsticks together with a rubber band and place the bird into the Varoma.
6. In the TM bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce & garlic and mix on speed 7 for 5 secs.
7. Using a pastry brush, baste the chicken generously with sauce.
Don't forget to do the sides and leg/wing joints :)
If any sauce left pour on top of chicken.
8. Add water to TM bowl and cook on Varoma, speed 2, 60mins.
9. Remove chicken from Varoma & place on a baking tray and place into a hot oven (180 degrees) for 10mins. This is to give your chicken a "golden" finish. Should you not wish to do this you could just place your chicken into your thermoserver and let it sit for the 10mins.
** We serve this with oven roasted vegetables however it's also nice to shred to put into a salad or as filling for sandwiches :)
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- lchf cheese spinach waffle
- Variation Zucchini quiche slice
- lchf cheese souffle
- Choc chia breakfast pudding
- Brekky in a glass
- Vege & Pork Steam Bun
- Keens Curry Chicken
- Sweet Potato, Cheese & Bacon Waffles
- Buckwheat Pancakes
- Low FODMAP Zucchini Slice (NO eggs, gluten or dairy, with a vegan option)
- General's Lamb Casserole (dog food)
- Chicken in Sour Cream
- Spinach, Sundried Tomato & Feta Dip
- Spinach, Bacon & Sundried Tomato Quiche
- Choc-Chip Muesli Bars
- Homemade muesli with fruit and yoghurt (or milk!)
- Creamy Chocolate Wafer Slice
- Honey Soy Chicken, Rice & Veggies
- Chicken, Bacon & Spinach Risotto
- Chilli, Chicken & Mushroom Pastabake
- Curried Sausages
- Mac Cheese
- Rocky Road Ice cream
- Grain Free Vegetable Lasagne
- Kim's Passionfruit Slice (Nan's Recipe <3)
- Dahl Curry
- Pumpkin Soup
- Mushroom & Brown Lentil Bolognaise Sauce
- Kim's Poached Eggs
- Roast pumpkin soup
- Spinach and Feta Quinoa Bites
- Madeleines Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Raita - Yoghurt salad
- South Indian Chicken Biryani
- Indian Chicken Chapli