- 400 g Sushi Rice
- 950 g water
- Sushi Rice Seasoning
- nori sheets
- Avocado, Carrot, Cucumber, Tuna, Mayonnaise etc.
8Recipe is created for
1. Measure rice in basket and then rinse under water.
2. Replace in bowl and add 950g water. Cook for 20mins, Varoma and speed 4.
3. Once rice is cooked remove from basket onto a large plate or on a cool surface you can spread the rice out to cool. (Do not leave the rice in the basket as it can turn too sticky and that's not what you want.)
4. Drizzle the sushi rice seasoning on the rice as it cools and fluff the rice with a fork to separate. You must be gentle as you want the rice to keep its shape.
5. As the rice is cooling, pick your ingredients that you will use to fill your sushi with and prepare them.
6. Using your sushi mat, place 1 nori sheet flat with rough side facing up and cover with a thin layer of rice (a generous 1/2 cup). You must leave about a 2cm gap at the top of nori sheet that will not be covered with rice, so when you roll it, it will stick nicely together.
7. Place your filling and roll. The rolling takes some practice.
8. They are best to be placed in the fridge for an hour or so before eating so they set. They can also be made the night before.
9. Server with pickled ginger, soy and wasabi.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Zucchini Slice gluten free
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Choo Chee Curry (mild version)
- Chia Apple and Almond Porridge
- OLD STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
- Vegetarian/Chicken Lettuce Cups
- spinach frittata
- Til’s lazy curry chicken
- Christmas Quiche
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Quinoa Granola
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Caramel & Peanut Butter Slice
- Caramelised Cauliflower and Coconut Soup
- Black Bean Burger Patties
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Truffles
- Miso Cod with Caramelized Zucchini and Cinnamon Pumpkin Carrot Puree
- Zucchini Butter
- Cauliflower & Veggie Medley with Red Miso
- Cauliflower and Quinoa Pizza
- Raw Chocolate Delights
- Lupin Dip
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Capsicum tomato pasta sauce
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Lemon cheesecake pots
- Easy-Peasy Macaroni Cheese(y)
- Mini Weetbix & Date loaf Cakes