- 2 chicken breasts, Sliced in half lengthways
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 500 grams water
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 cm piece ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 grams Celery, roughly chopped
- 30 grams coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, preferably Nila's Curry Blend. If using Keen's use 2 teaspoons, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 100 grams sliced carrots
- 100 grams Beans, 3-4 cm lengths
- 100 grams cauliflower florets, 3-4 cm
- 40 grams soy sauce
- 100 grams water
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock paste, (or vegetable)
- 1-2 cubes palm sugar, roughly chopped
- 270 grams can coconut milk
- shredded chicken, from set aside
- 300 grams rice
- 900 grams water
Slice chicken breasts lengthways and place into steaming basket or Varoma Bowl if needed.
Add water & Curry Powder to TM bowl.
Cook for 25 minutes / Varoma / Speed 2. Test chicken and cook for longer in needed.
Place into TM bowl onion, ginger, garlic, celery. Chop on Speed 7 for 3 Seconds.
Add Oil, Curry Powder, Paprika & Tumeric and saute for 3 Minutes / Varoma / Speed 1 - MC removed.
Add remaining ingredients and cook for 17-20 minutes / 100 degress / Speed 1 / or until vegetables are cooked.
Rinse through steaming basket until water runs clear.
Place water into TM bowl, followed by simmering basket with rice.
Cook for 13 minutes / Varoma / Speed 4.
Evaporated Milk can be used in place of Coconut Milk.
Serve with Steamed Rice and Plain Yoghurt.
Any cooked chicken may be used. Aim for about 400 grams.
This is a great recipe to use up left over chicken.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.