- 2 large carrots roughly chopped
- 3 celery sticks roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 1 Onion halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30 grams olive oil
- 600 grams Beef mince
- 2 tbsp EDC stock
- 2 heaped tablespoons tomato paste
- 650 grams tomato passata, or tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian dried herbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Add carrot, celery & capsicum to TM bowl, Chop 3 seconds, Speed 5, set aside.
2. Add onion & garlic cloves to TM bowl, Chop 3 seconds, Speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add oil & sauté on Varoma, 3 minutes, Speed 1.
4. Add mince to TM bowl & cook 100 Degrees, 8 minutes, Reverse, Speed 1.
5. Add reserved vegetables, EDC stock, tomato paste, tomato passata, italian dried herbs, & salt and pepper to taste. Using TM spatula briefly stir the mixture and cook 100 Degrees, 60 minutes, Reverse, Speed 1.
(Note: total cooking time in step 5 as above, can be reduced to 40 minutes, however more flavoursome if cooked for longer).
6. Once cooked, place Bolognese Sauce in thermoserver and recommend to serve over cooked pasta as in the EDC Cookbook & sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
- Creamy Pasta Salad
- Lamb With Apple - Baby or Toddler Meal
- San Choy Bau
- Red Lentil and Chorizo Soup
- Moist Banana Cake - Mum's Traditional Recipe
- Pancakes Too Easy - 3 Ingredients
- Chicken and Chorizo Hotpot
- Cream of Pumpkin and Potato Soup
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Mango Chicken Curry with Rice