- up to 400g Jasmin or Basmati Rice
- Boiling water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add no more than 400g rice into simmering basket. Then pull out simmering basket and rinse under tap. While you are rinsing Rice, pop the kettle on. Put the basket back into TM Bowl (with rice still inside) and fill covering rice with water by 1cm. Cook 11mins/98 deg/Sp2 with MC on. Use straight away.
You don't have to make the full 400g, you can do however much you like. I usually do 200g as I use it as a side dish. It cooks for the same amount of time though.
Perfect fluffy rice every time!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Char Kuey Teow
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken Kiev Pasta Bake
- Mediterranean risotto
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread
- Cinnamon Butter
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Redskin Fudge
- Creamy Caramel Fudge
- Orange Essential Fudge
- Chocolate Chili Bread
- Chocolate Beetroot Biscuits
- Rosemary & Quinoa Crackers
- Sweet Potato & Chorizo Risotto
- 50 second Christmas Shortbread