- 400 g basmati rice, or jasmine rice
- 500 g water
- 400 g ml Tin coconut milk, or coconut cream
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf, optional
Recipe is created for
Weigh rice into Thermomix basket, in the Thermomix bowl.
Rinse rice with water from the tap in the sink, return basket with rinsed rice to the TM bowl.
Add water, coconut milk or cream and lime leaf into TMX bowl with the rice in the simmering basket. Cook 20 minutes, varoma, speed 4.
Place into the Thermoserver to keep warm until ready to serve.
Accessories you need
Because this is cooked on Varoma temperature, it's great to steam some extra veg at the same time.
This rice is great to serve with Thai or Indian curries!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Indulgent Cream Cheese Brownies
- Charlie's Vanilla Bean Paste
- Charlie's Spicy Prawn & Pumpkin Soup
- Vanilla Bean Custard- Arwen's version
- Mayonnaise Free Coleslaw - Arwen's version
- Arwen's Heavenly Hummus
- Arwen's Fresh Fruit Sorbet
- Pizza Bianca with Rosemary & Garlic
- Rosey & Arwen's Spanish Surprise Breakfast Muffins
- Buckwheat Dinner Rolls - Arwen's tweaked version
- Charlie's Creme Caramel
- Erica & Arwen's Apricot & Hazelnut Hot Cross Buns
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Quince conserve
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits