- 50 g Parmesan cheese, crust removed and cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 1 garlic clove
- 40 g fresh basil leaves
- 20 g fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 160 g Raw Cashew Nuts
- 60 g extra virgin olive oil, to taste, plus extra for covering pesto
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar, to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place Parmesan and garlic into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add all remaining ingredients and chop Turbo/1 sec/4-5 times, or until a rough, yet evenly chopped, consistency is achieved.
Serve immediately or transfer into a sealable jar and top with olive oil until just covered to store.
Double quantity: double all ingredients and chop 17 sec/speed 6 in step 2.
Nut free dip: Replace the cashew nuts with sunflower seeds and proceed as per recipe.
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix and Cooking with Varoma cooking classes. This recipe is also suitable for TM31 and can be found in the Everyday Cookbook on pg 71.
Other users also liked...
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops