- 1000 grams floury potatoes, King Edward or coliban
- 150 grams kale leaf, stalk removed, Coursley chopped
- 200 grams Milk
- 100 grams Butter Cubed, Plus extra to serve
- 11/2 litres hot water
- seasoning to taste
- 2 spring onions, Chopped finely
Peel potatoes and cut into 3 cm. pieces. Place in varoma dish . Bring water to boil in TM bowl100 degrees. Place varoma on top and steam potatoes until tender, approx. 40 minutes on speed 3. Place potatoes in thermoserver and mash coursely. (not smooth). Place kale in simmering basket and cook in lightly salted boiling water until tender,100 degrees speed 3, 2-3 minutes. Remove basket and drain. Discard water from bowl and add milk and butter. Heat 3 minutes 80 degrees speed 3. Add slowly to potato stirring to combine. You may need a little more milk to get desired consistency. Season to taste. Stir thru spring onions and kale. Sprinkle over green part of onions that has been chopped finely and drizzle with melted butter. Very indulgent but oh so nice as a treat. NOTE. Colcannon is a very old Irish traditional dish that has stood the test of time. White cabbage may be substituted for the kale and other types of onion eg. Shallots or leek may be used.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mustard Potatoes
- Ph@tt compatible Broccoli Salad
- Quick Pickled beets
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Bites
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip