- 50 g Parmesan cheese, cut into pieces (3 cm) (optional)
- 1000 g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces (2-3 cm)
- 0.5-1 tsp salt
- 250 g Milk
- 30 g butter, cut into pieces
- 1-2 pinches ground nutmeg (optional)
Recipe is created for
- Place Parmesan (optional) into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Set aside. Rinse and dry mixing bowl.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place potatoes, salt and milk into mixing bowl and cook 25 min/95°C/speed 1, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
- Add butter, nutmeg (optional) and reserved grated Parmesan (optional) insert measuring cup and mash 30 sec/speed 3. Serve hot.
Accessories you need
Transfer mashed potato into ThermoSever to rest and thicken slightly before serving.
The best mashed pototoes are achieved using floury potatoes (e.g. Red Pontiac, Royal Blue).
Depending on the variety of potatoes used, it may be necessary to extend cooking time by 5 minutes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Mocha Protein Frappe
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Quick n Easy Vanilla Slice
- Caramilk Vanilla Slice
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)