- 50 g Parmesan cheese, cut into pieces (3 cm) (optional)
- 1000 g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces (2-3 cm)
- 0.5-1 tsp salt
- 250 g Milk
- 30 g butter, cut into pieces
- 1-2 pinches ground nutmeg (optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place Parmesan (optional) into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Set aside. Rinse and dry mixing bowl.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place potatoes, salt and milk into mixing bowl and cook 25 min/95°C/speed 1, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
- Add butter, nutmeg (optional) and reserved grated Parmesan (optional) insert measuring cup and mash 30 sec/speed 3. Serve hot.
Transfer mashed potato into ThermoSever to rest and thicken slightly before serving.
The best mashed pototoes are achieved using floury potatoes (e.g. Red Pontiac, Royal Blue).
Depending on the variety of potatoes used, it may be necessary to extend cooking time by 5 minutes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce