- 900 g water
- 1 tbsp stock paste
- 200 g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 400 g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Weigh rice into simmering basket. Remove basket and rinse rice under tap.
Pour water into mixing jug. Add stock paste.
Return the simmering basket to the Thermomix. Add tomato paste, cumin seeds and paprika and coat the rice by stirring with the spatula.
Cook the rice 15 min / Varoma / speed 2.
At the end of 15 minutes, add the kidney beans to the simmering basket with the rice. Continue cooking 5 min / Varoma / speed 2.
Red Rice and Beans
Recipe based on: //www.taste.com.au/recipes/21895/red+rice+beans
I cook this at the same time as I'm cooking the meat for fajitas: //www.recipecommunity.com.au/main-dishes-meat-recipes/beef-fajitas/175877 Then I use some of the leftover liquid to make tortillas.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Cheats kousa
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- Left Over Porridge Bread
- Tasty Seedy Crackers
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- English muffins