- 900 g water
- 1 tbsp stock paste
- 200 g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 400 g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Weigh rice into simmering basket. Remove basket and rinse rice under tap.
Pour water into mixing jug. Add stock paste.
Return the simmering basket to the Thermomix. Add tomato paste, cumin seeds and paprika and coat the rice by stirring with the spatula.
Cook the rice 15 min / Varoma / speed 2.
At the end of 15 minutes, add the kidney beans to the simmering basket with the rice. Continue cooking 5 min / Varoma / speed 2.
Red Rice and Beans
Recipe based on: //www.taste.com.au/recipes/21895/red+rice+beans
I cook this at the same time as I'm cooking the meat for fajitas: //www.recipecommunity.com.au/main-dishes-meat-recipes/beef-fajitas/175877 Then I use some of the leftover liquid to make tortillas.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls
- Baby banana oatmeal
- Jakel's Moreish Caramel Mud Cake
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- mint sauce tm5
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Green wellness juice