- 900 g water
- 1 tbsp stock paste
- 200 g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 400 g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Weigh rice into simmering basket. Remove basket and rinse rice under tap.
Pour water into mixing jug. Add stock paste.
Return the simmering basket to the Thermomix. Add tomato paste, cumin seeds and paprika and coat the rice by stirring with the spatula.
Cook the rice 15 min / Varoma / speed 2.
At the end of 15 minutes, add the kidney beans to the simmering basket with the rice. Continue cooking 5 min / Varoma / speed 2.
Red Rice and Beans
Accessories you need
Recipe based on: //www.taste.com.au/recipes/21895/red+rice+beans
I cook this at the same time as I'm cooking the meat for fajitas: //www.recipecommunity.com.au/main-dishes-meat-recipes/beef-fajitas/175877 Then I use some of the leftover liquid to make tortillas.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thai-Inspired Peanut Superfood Slaw
- Twice baked potatoes - under development
- Chicken, zucchini, haloumi fritters
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Variation Potato Bake
- Gravy (like KFC potato & gravy)
- Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- Simple Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- South Pacific Raita
- Frenisian Slaw
- Vegan potato bake with browned onions
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Double Choc Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Lasagne
- Sugar Coated Nuts
- Sloppy Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Chai Pear Muffins
- Veggie Chilli
- Smaller Figolli (Maltese Easter Biscuits)
- Cheese and pear gnocchi
- Pumpkin and Harissa Hummus
- Mango Bar Thickshake
- Beetroot Citrus Mousse
- My Everyday White Bread
- Coffee Streusel Muffins
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Passionfruit Slice
- Sandwhich Bread
- Gluten free sandwich bread
- Chorizo Fettucini with Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Herb Butter
- Strawberry jelly slice
- Birria Tacos - TikTok Tacos
- Chelsea Winter Morrocan Chicken and Apricot Salad
- Anzac Biccies
- Cheats High Protein Nacho’s