- 900 g water
- 1 tbsp stock paste
- 200 g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 400 g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Weigh rice into simmering basket. Remove basket and rinse rice under tap.
Pour water into mixing jug. Add stock paste.
Return the simmering basket to the Thermomix. Add tomato paste, cumin seeds and paprika and coat the rice by stirring with the spatula.
Cook the rice 15 min / Varoma / speed 2.
At the end of 15 minutes, add the kidney beans to the simmering basket with the rice. Continue cooking 5 min / Varoma / speed 2.
Red Rice and Beans
Recipe based on: //www.taste.com.au/recipes/21895/red+rice+beans
I cook this at the same time as I'm cooking the meat for fajitas: //www.recipecommunity.com.au/main-dishes-meat-recipes/beef-fajitas/175877 Then I use some of the leftover liquid to make tortillas.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Double Choc Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Lasagne
- Sugar Coated Nuts
- Sloppy Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Chai Pear Muffins
- Veggie Chilli
- Smaller Figolli (Maltese Easter Biscuits)
- Cheese and pear gnocchi
- Pumpkin and Harissa Hummus
- Mango Bar Thickshake
- Beetroot Citrus Mousse
- Japanese Devilled Eggs
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Pumpkin Pie
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice