- 1 litre water
- 100 g Butter
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 5 cadamom pods
- 2 tsp Cummin
- brown lentils, optional
- 2 pinch rock solt
- 1 star anise
- 2-4 pieces saffron
- 4-6 cloves, whole
- 250 g Basmati or Jasmine rice
- toasted almonds, flakes or whole, pine nuts will do
- baby spinach, or snow peas or the like
Recipe is created for
Place everything in bowl, except rice.
Place rice in basket
Cook Varoma, speed 1.5, 22 mins with MC off
Excellent with our meat cooked as a side dish I also added diced feta and it was stunning.
Pretty good with the second cook but the first cook had a lovely flavour that wasn't all overpowering which I was a bit concerned about. Don't be tempted to throw a little more in until ofter you try it. We all really enjoyed and so much we had to pass on to other.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Variation "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Cauliflower Broccoli and Carrot Coleslaw (no cabbage!)
- Pete's scotch eggs
- Steamed greens
- Houda’s kid friendly potato salad
- Pretty Corgette Pickle
- Corn rolls
- Best Ever Chips
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Christmas Salad