- 750 g floury potatoes, Peeled and cut into 1-2cm peices
- 1 level tsp salt, To taste
- 500 g water, Warm from the tap, will get to temp fast
- 90 g Salted butter, Cubed
- 100 g Milk
- 1 level tsp Vegetable stock paste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Pop the basket in the bowl and measure in the potatoes.
- Add in your 500g of warm tap water.
Pop on lid, MC and Cook for 25 minutes, varoma (steam), speed 2.
(I steam my vegetables in the varoma whilst the potatoes are cooking)
Using your spatula, take out the simmering basket, empty the water, add your butterfly in the bowl and add in the cooked potato.
(If steaming your veggies take off varoma, and pop to the side. )
- Add butter, stock and half the milk
- Mix for 15 seconds speed 4 (Add more time If needed)
Add the rest of the milk if needed.
15 seconds speed 4
(Depending on the season of potatoes, is if I need to add the extra milk.
Peek through the lid during the first step after about 10 seconds of mixing to gauge the consistency. You can then know if you would like it smoother, or fluffy. )
Add your salt if desired.
(I use salted butter so I skip this, but I know many use unsalted so added this step for that)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Low carb fathead dough
- Variation Bullet Proof Coffee
- Baked Falafel Bites
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls - Mixquisite
- Zopf (Swiss Milk Bread)
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- Easy peasy iced custard tarts
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC