- 1 whole cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 3 slices of bread, (or breadcrumbs pre-made in TM)
- 250 g Milk
- 25 g flour
- 25 g diced butter
- 100 g grated cheese, (Can grate in thermo first)
- 1/2 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp stock paste, (optional)
- 500 g water for steaming
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. You can put a large casserole dish in to warm up with the oven at the same time.
Place bread and into TM bowl and grate for 5-10 seconds, speed 6. Measure in 40gm of the cheese then tip out and set aside. No need to wash TM bowl.
Add 500g of water to TM bowl, put cauliflower pieces in Varoma, set in place and cook 20 minutes, Varoma temp, speed 2.
Once cooked, set varoma aside with the cauliflower still inside and lid still on to keep warm.
Empty water out of TM bowl (no need to wash)
Add milk, flour, butter, mustard and stock paste (if using) to TM bowl, cook 7 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 4.
During the last minute of cooking time add in the remaining cheese and drop down to speed 3 until timer finishes.
Put cooked cauliflower in casserole dish.
Pour cheese sauce over the top and mix through.
Top with cheese and breadcrumb mixture. Bake on 220 degrees C for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
Cauliflower Cheese Bake
You can use a mix of cauliflower and broccoli or other veggies.
I put the veggies into my preheated casserole dish to get rid of some of the steaming moisture while waiting for the sauce to cook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower Broccoli and Carrot Coleslaw (no cabbage!)
- Pete's scotch eggs
- Steamed greens
- Houda’s kid friendly potato salad
- Pretty Corgette Pickle
- Corn rolls
- Best Ever Chips
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Courgette Flan
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Tim Tam Hot Chocolate
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Mandy's Chai Latte mix
- Noodle Soup Recipe
- Ooba Carrot Cake