- 400 g potatoes, washed, unpeeled and sliced
- oil, spray
- 200 g browned onion, see recipe on Cookadoo
- 90 g Cashew cream, cashew cream for savoury dishes
- 90 g coconut cream
- 20 g nutritional yeast, adjust to taste
- 50 g water, Adjust as required
- to taste paprika, red, if required
- 2 tsp English mustard, or Dijon mustard
- to taste garlic flake
- Heat oven to 190 degrees (fan forced) and spray oven proof shallow dish with oil.
- Wash and thiny slice potatoes, approx 2- 3 mm. Note the thickness of the potato will determine the end cooking time.
- Mix cream, coconut cream, browned onions, majority of nutritional yeast, salt and pepper together. If using paperika then add this. Add sufficent water to thin the coconut cream and cream mixure to a semi runny creamy consistency.
- Layer the potato, then a layer of the creamy mixture and garlic flakes if using, and repeat, ending with a layer of the creamy mixture. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
- Place in over for 20 minutes, and then take out and cover with tin foil. Place back in the oven for another 20 minutes. Take out and test potatoes. If may requite longer depending upon potatoes used and thickness.
- Take out and serve.
Accessories you need
The onions used were made prior using the TM6 and High Temp Feature. Red or white onions or a mixture can be used. See Tips and Tricks on teh recipe for Browned Onions (200g). As was the Cashew pouring cream for savoury dishes. Total time will need to be adjusted if these are being make jsut for the recipe.
The coconut cream can be replaces with cashew cream.
As a whole meal option I would also layer in preparered texturiesed proteing and defrosted peas.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou