- 80 grams Butter
- 150 mls water
- 120 grams plain flour
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- pinch of salt
- 300 grams Cooked crabmeat
- 1 level teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- Chopped chives
- Salt for seasoning
- Oil for frying
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place butter water and salt in tm bowl
Cook for 5 mins 100c speed
Add flour and mix speed 8 for 1 min
Let rest for approx 10 mns or until cool dont remove from bowl just take the lid off
After its rest with blades roating on speed 3 , slowing add the eggs until they are mix through well .
Increase the speed and blend for 30 secs speed 3 .
At this point if not using immediately place in air tight box and it will keep for up to 3 days
To make the beignets
Once mix is cooled . Add crabmeat cayenne and chives season with salt . Mix well .
I prefer to do this by hand it only takes a few seconds and I can use my bowl for something else .
Heat deepfryer to 160c or use a pan with sunflower oil .
Drop tablespoons of mix into oil a few at a time and cook for 5-6 mins . They will puff so dont make them too big . Bitesizes is best . once cooked season with salt
Drain and serve with a sweet chilli dipping sauce or tomato relish as a starter or light lunch . Or tapas item .
You can vary filling but dont use anything too wet like too much soft cheese etc . These will cause you end product to be soggy .
A good filling idea is pumpkin and parmesan . But cook pumpkin first and mush it up
for choux paste
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- F45 Sweet Potato Pancakes
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Bacon, sweet potato and zucchini slice
- Clean Snickers Slice
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Autumn Pear cake
- Golden syrup spice cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation Limes puff
- Banana Cake (Women's Weekly Recipe)
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Apple & Carrot Microwave Cake
- Milky Bar Cheesecake
- LCM Bars