- 80 grams Butter
- 150 mls water
- 120 grams plain flour
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- pinch of salt
- 300 grams Cooked crabmeat
- 1 level teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- Chopped chives
- Salt for seasoning
- Oil for frying
Recipe is created for
Place butter water and salt in tm bowl
Cook for 5 mins 100c speed
Add flour and mix speed 8 for 1 min
Let rest for approx 10 mns or until cool dont remove from bowl just take the lid off
After its rest with blades roating on speed 3 , slowing add the eggs until they are mix through well .
Increase the speed and blend for 30 secs speed 3 .
At this point if not using immediately place in air tight box and it will keep for up to 3 days
To make the beignets
Once mix is cooled . Add crabmeat cayenne and chives season with salt . Mix well .
I prefer to do this by hand it only takes a few seconds and I can use my bowl for something else .
Heat deepfryer to 160c or use a pan with sunflower oil .
Drop tablespoons of mix into oil a few at a time and cook for 5-6 mins . They will puff so dont make them too big . Bitesizes is best . once cooked season with salt
Drain and serve with a sweet chilli dipping sauce or tomato relish as a starter or light lunch . Or tapas item .
You can vary filling but dont use anything too wet like too much soft cheese etc . These will cause you end product to be soggy .
A good filling idea is pumpkin and parmesan . But cook pumpkin first and mush it up
for choux paste
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Best Masala Tea Making Recipe
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Soft Cheese
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Vintage Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Dip
- Red Salmon, Dill and Finger Lime Dip
- Chiko Roll - Gluten Free
- Corn and Turmeric Chowder
- Vegetable Curry Puffs
- Indonesian Mooncake
- No bake Keto museli bars
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Filipino Pandesal
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Donut ice-cream