- 140 g spinach
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 40 g Butter
- 3 spring onions
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 level teaspoons Vegetable stock paste, suggest homemade chicken stock podwer if you have that (UK cookidoo.com.au)
- to taste pepper, ground
- 1 Cob loaf, suggest the Artisan Bread (Betty) Metric from Canada cookidoo.com.au
1h 10minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
- Finely chop spinach and put in varoma dish. Rince well with hot water and sit on upside down varoma lid to drain
- Peel and chop onion in half, add to TM bowl, add garlic and butter. Chop speed 5 7 seconds, scrape down sides. Meanwhile, finely chop spring onions and put into oven proof dish (the whole dip will be added to it)
- Put lid on bowl, place varoma in position. Cook 10 minutes, varoma, speed one. Check spinach is whilted and onion is cooked, add an additional few minutes if needed. Sit spinach on varoma lid to drain.
- Once onion and garlic is cooked, add to spring onions. Without cleaning the TM bowl, add cream cheese, stock and pepper. Mix for 10 seconds speed 4 or until smooth
- Return onion and spring onion mixture to TM bowl. Using the back of a large spoon, push down on spinach to remove excess liquid. Add spinach to TM bowl. Mix on speed 2, reverse, 5 seconds or until well combined. Return to glass dish and put in fridge till needed
- 40 mins before serving, put dip in oven. Mean while, prepare cob loaf by cutting horizontially in about 1/2, carefully scoop out base and lid bread and cut to form portions to dip with. Put loaf base on oven tray. Take pre warmed dip and put in loaf base, put lid on and cut up pieces of bread around the cob. Return to oven for about 30 minutes or until bread nice and golden and dip heated through.
This recipe was inspired by former Branch Manager Step Berg and her "French Onion Dip" recipe and one of my friends/customers dish she bought over for a fun night.
If you would prefer, use frozen spinach that has been defrosted and excess water removed.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Salmon (or Trout) & Dill dip
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Best Masala Tea Making Recipe
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Soft Cheese - Gbejneit
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Vintage Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Dip
- Red Salmon, Dill and Finger Lime Dip
- Chiko Roll - Gluten Free
- Corn and Turmeric Chowder
- Lamb Shanks with mixed vegetable sauce
- Michael's Chicken Bake
- Aunty Jan's Fruit Slice
- Rosemary Cranberry Crackers (Adapted from ATCO Blue Flame Kitchen)
- Cucumber, Mint and Lime Yogurt Sorbert
- Herb and Garlic Scones
- One Whole Chicken - 3 ways (Roast, Soup, Stock)
- Pumpkin and Cumin Bread
- Christmas Crackle Puddings (Mars Bar Chocolate Crackles)