- 250 g Minced chicken
- 250 g minced pork
- 2 spring onions/shallots
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- 40 g fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper, Grounded
- 40 g oyster sauce
- 1 red chilli, Can leave seeds
- 3 Garlic Cloves- Peeled
- 2 centimetres Ginger - Peeled
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp of water
- spray oil for greasing
- 300 g Jasmine rice
- 750 g water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place garlic , chilli and ginger to bowl and chop for 2 sec / speed 7
Add chicken and Pork and mince by pressing Turbo x 5
Add Spring Onions, Water Chestnuts and chop for 3-5 sec/speed 7 depending on your perferred consistancy
Add Fish Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Pepper and mix for 8 secs/ speed4 on reverse until incorparated.
Lay wonton wrapper on clean and dry bench, fill with a teaspoon of mixture, brush the edges of the wonton with the egg/water wash
Close the sides by lifting corners and pinching them
Spray the Varoma with oil (optional)
Place the dumplings into varoma dish and tray
Do not bunch them up as they will expand as the cook and stick together
Add water to bowl
Place simmer basket in the bowl, add rice to simmer basket and rinse with lid & MC on 5 sec / speed 9.
Place Varoma in position and steam for 18 - 20mins/ speed 4 / Varoma temp.
If 2 batches are required place wontons in Thermoserver to keep warm, while the 2nd batch steams.
Alternatively freeze remaining dumplings or 1/2 the batch
Serve with rice, curled shallots and a dipping sauce.
This recipe is large enough that you may have to do 2 batches. You can enjoy the first batch while 2nd batch is steaming, or freeze some of the dumplings or 1/2 the recipe to suit.
If you are steaming without the rice, you can reduce speed to 2
Meatballs can be steamed without wrapping in wonton wrapper to be added to an asian soup or have with a simple dipping sauce. This would make in GF, no carbs.
Serve with dipping sauce such as soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce.
Garnish with strips of shollots that have been curled by sitting in iced water for a couple of minutes.
gluten free version , use rice paper to wrap.
egg free, omit egg in mixture and use water to seal wontons.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheese Bread Sticks
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish