THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 5 piece apples or pears (or a mix off), cored and chopped roughly
- 3 piece veg (your preferred mix), peeled and chopped roughly
- 120 g oats, or if you have a younger baby use rice cereal
- 500 g water
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
If you are using whole oats to make the baby porridge then put them in the clean, dry bowl and chop at speed 7 for a few seconds.
If you have a younger baby and using rice cereal (shop bought) skip this step.
No need to clean the bowl.
Put 500mL of water in the thermie bowl. If you have a young baby you may want to use boiled water as an added level of water disinfection safety.
Place your cut Veg into simmering basket. Cook for 15 mins at veroma speed 2. Check at 15min if veg is soft. You may need an extra 5 mins or so until soft.
Once veg is soft remove basket (carefully).
Keep it aside.
DONT THROW OUT THE WATER. KEEP IT ASIDE. Don't clean the bowl.
Put the saved 500mL of water in the thermie bowl. Place your cut fruit into simmering basket. Cook for 15 mins at veroma speed 2. Check at 15min if fruit is soft. You may need an extra 5 mins or so until fruit is soft. Once fruit is soft remove basket (carefully).
DO NOT THROW YOUR WATER OUT. Keep it aside.
Put fruit back in bowl (if you want to add some veg then do at this step)and puree for 30 seconds at speed 7 to 8. Check the puree consistenancy.
You can add a bit of rice cereal, breastmilk, the saved water or formula if desired.
Once consistenancy achieved scrap out the puree into container/s. Don't clean the bowl.
If using rice cereal, follow the steps on the packet. You can use the saved veg-fruit water to provide additional sweetness.
If using oats.
Add the blitzed oats to the bowl and add 500mL of the saved fruit-veg water.
Cook for 3 mins at 100'C Reverse Speed
Check the consistency at 3 mins, you can add more water, some breastmilk or a scoop of formula. I also like to add some additional fruit puree.
If you like to have the porridge even smoother in texture. Then blitz it at speed 8 for a few seconds untill you get the texture you prefer. Be careful with blitzing cause the porridge is hot and sticky.
Once happy with the porridge scrap it out into container/s. Don't clean the bowl.
Add the steamed veg into the bowl.
and puree for 30 seconds at speed 7 to 8. Check the puree consistenancy.
You can add a bit of additional water, rice cereal, the cooked porridge, the cooked fruit puree, breastmilk or formula if desired.
Once consistenancy achieved scrap out the puree into container/s.
Now you can clean your thermie bowl!
If using oats to make porridge
STEAM YOUR VEG
BABY FRUIT PUREE
BABY VEG MEAL
You can also add cooked meat, roughly chopped into the veg meal. Add before pureeing step
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Infant/toddler brown rice and veggie risotto
- Infant/toddler sweet potato and lentil casserole
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Oli's Chia Pudding
- Baby Porridge with Berries
- Baby Food - Quinoa and Apple Puree
- Couscous Fingers - Perfect for baby led weaning
- Beef, Carrot and Kumara Puree (6 Months +)
- Vegetable and Cheese Mash (6 Months +)
- Roasted Apple, Plum and Vanilla Mash (6 months +)
- Prune and Apple Puree (6 months +)
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Raw Tahini Dressing
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Strawberry Cheesecake - no bake
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Chocolate Chews (Weetbix Slice)
- Green Goodness Chocolate Brownie Balls - Paleo & Vegan
- Nanna Smith’s Caramel Sauce