- 50 grams quinoa seed
- 75 grams brown rice
- 1/2 Apple, cored, (peeled if desired)
- 10 grams Rapadura or Raw Sugar, (optional)
- 30 grams butter, cold, (if dairy free use dairy free spread or coconut oil)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius. Place quinoa and rice in TM bowl and mill on speed 9 for 1 minute. Set aside. No need to clean bowl.
2. Place apple in TM bowl and chop on speed 5 until quiet (few seconds). Scrape down and repeat.
3. Add milled grains and remaining ingredients into TM bowl with apple and mix on speed 4 until fully combined.
4. Roll into 10 log shapes and place on baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and quite firm to touch.
6. Place on cooling rack and once cooled, store in airtight container.
Accessories you need
1. If you find the quinoa is too strong flavour for your child, reduce the qty and increase the rice qty to make up 125g. You could also use just rice, or other grains. Quinoa is a great source of protein, vital for little growing bodies!
2. Although the TMX chops the apple up quite finely, if your child is quite young you may prefer to peel the apple to avoid any risk of choking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nappy Balm
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Baby's chicken, vegetables and rice all in one (6 months)
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Baby Constipation Cure Pear and Prune Puree
- Baby banana oatmeal
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- My first veggies
- Huevo duro
- Little winner chicken dinner
- Infant/toddler brown rice and veggie risotto
- Infant/toddler sweet potato and lentil casserole
- Raspberry Coconut Slice (gluten free)
- Nut and gluten free fudgy chocolate brownie slice
- Black rice, seed and choc chip cookies - gluten and nut free
- Raw cashew, cacao and coconut oil truffle coated in dark chocolate
- Almond and coconut balls (Ferrero Raffaello style!)
- Gluten Free Kahlua Christmas Cake
- Breakfast loaf - gluten, dairy and nut free
- Choc caramel puddings (gluten free)
- Apple Hazelnut cake
- Healthy grain cherry macaroon cake
- Gluten free profiteroles
- 'Sausage' rolls