- 250 g fresh dates (such as Medjool), pitted
- 40 g desiccated coconut, plus extra to coat
- 50 g raw cacao powder
- 30 g extra virgin coconut oil
Place dates into mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and mix 15 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides and repeat mixing.
Roll mixture into small balls (approximately 1cm). Place rolled balls in a large shallow bowl (or container) filled with extra desiccated coconut. Lightly toss the balls to coat them in coconut.
Raw cacao is similar to regular cocoa except that it’s less processed and hasn’t been heated to high temperatures, so it retains more nutrients including vitamin C, iron, fibre, polyphenols and other antioxidants. Like cocoa, it does contain a little caffeine so it should be had in moderation.
If you would prefer, you can replace the raw cacao with carob powder.
Tip: It’s important to use fresh dates, rather than dried which tend to make the mixture crumbly and difficult to roll.
Tip: For a slightly sweeter version, add a little sweetener of your choice (such as brown sugar, rapadura sugar, maple syrup or stevia) to taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Baby banana oatmeal
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- My first veggies
- Huevo duro
- Little winner chicken dinner
- Infant/toddler brown rice and veggie risotto
- Infant/toddler sweet potato and lentil casserole
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Oli's Chia Pudding
- Baby Porridge with Berries
- Baby Food - Quinoa and Apple Puree