THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 8 streaky bacon rashers, (approx. 240 g)
- 50 g unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes (2 cm)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 50 g raw sugar
- 150 g full cream milk
- 90 g unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes (2 cm), plus extra for greasing
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g raw sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 50 g Pure Maple Syrup
- 60 g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 0.25 tsp sea salt flakes, plus extra for garnishing
1h 5minPreparation 1h 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Position oven rack to top shelf in oven. Preheat oven to 190°C (grill setting) and line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper. Line a plate with paper towel and set aside.
- Place bacon onto prepared baking tray and grill for 5 minutes. Transfer onto lined plate to absorb excess oil. Heat oven to 190°C (oven setting).
- Place butter, cinnamon and sugar into mixing bowl and mix 15 sec/speed 4. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Do not clean mixing bowl.
- Place a small jug or bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh milk into it, then set aside.
- Grease a round springform cake tin (22 cm) and set aside.
- Place butter, flour and baking powder into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 5, until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar and salt and knead 1 min/, gradually pouring reserved milk through hole in mixing bowl lid until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer dough onto a lightly floured silicone bread mat or work surface and roll out into a rectangle (approx. 20 x 35 cm). Sprinkle reserved butter mixture evenly over dough.
- With the long edge of the pastry closest to you, place bacon pieces vertically over filling, leaving a finger width gap between each piece and allowing bacon to slightly overhang the top edge (so you can see where the pieces are as you roll the scroll).
- Rolling up from the long edge, roll dough into a long sausage shape. Cutting in the gaps between the bacon rashers, cut dough into 8 scrolls.
- Place scrolls into prepared cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes (190°C) or until golden brown. Clean and dry mixing bowl. Continue with glaze.
- Place all glaze ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 2 min/60°C/speed 3, then blend 10 sec/speed 6.
- Remove scrolls from oven and immediately pour three-quarters of the glaze over the scrolls and sprinkle with extra salt flakes. Serve warm with extra glaze.
Salted maple glaze
Cut dough into smaller pieces to make smaller, bite-sized scrolls.
Other users also liked...
- Kel's Healthy Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Spinach and Cheese Pastizzi
- Cob loaf with croutons and spinach dip
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- OMG Ali's Savoury Scones
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pizza Scrolls
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs
- Easy Lamb Pide
- Zucchini slice/muffins
- Sweet Potato, Zucchini and Bacon Slice
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Autumn Pear cake
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Taro and sago
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup