THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 8 streaky bacon rashers, (approx. 240 g)
- 50 g unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes (2 cm)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 50 g raw sugar
- 150 g full cream milk
- 90 g unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes (2 cm), plus extra for greasing
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g raw sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 50 g Pure Maple Syrup
- 60 g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 0.25 tsp sea salt flakes, plus extra for garnishing
1h 5minPreparation 1h 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Position oven rack to top shelf in oven. Preheat oven to 190°C (grill setting) and line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper. Line a plate with paper towel and set aside.
- Place bacon onto prepared baking tray and grill for 5 minutes. Transfer onto lined plate to absorb excess oil. Heat oven to 190°C (oven setting).
- Place butter, cinnamon and sugar into mixing bowl and mix 15 sec/speed 4. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Do not clean mixing bowl.
- Place a small jug or bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh milk into it, then set aside.
- Grease a round springform cake tin (22 cm) and set aside.
- Place butter, flour and baking powder into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 5, until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar and salt and knead 1 min/"Dough mode" , gradually pouring reserved milk through hole in mixing bowl lid until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer dough onto a lightly floured silicone bread mat or work surface and roll out into a rectangle (approx. 20 x 35 cm). Sprinkle reserved butter mixture evenly over dough.
- With the long edge of the pastry closest to you, place bacon pieces vertically over filling, leaving a finger width gap between each piece and allowing bacon to slightly overhang the top edge (so you can see where the pieces are as you roll the scroll).
- Rolling up from the long edge, roll dough into a long sausage shape. Cutting in the gaps between the bacon rashers, cut dough into 8 scrolls.
- Place scrolls into prepared cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes (190°C) or until golden brown. Clean and dry mixing bowl. Continue with glaze.
- Place all glaze ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 2 min/60°C/speed 3, then blend 10 sec/speed 6.
- Remove scrolls from oven and immediately pour three-quarters of the glaze over the scrolls and sprinkle with extra salt flakes. Serve warm with extra glaze.
Salted maple glaze
Cut dough into smaller pieces to make smaller, bite-sized scrolls.
Other users also liked...
- Weetbix Banana Cinnamon Biscuits
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Scones-
- Apricot slice
- Cheesy Sweet Chilli Scrolls
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Zucchini Frittata Variation Pumpkin,chorizo and spinach frittata
- Corn meat fritters
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Zucchini slice
- Chilli Seed Crackers - Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles