THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 6 sheets ready Rolled puff pastry, Or see EDC or Basic cookbook to make your own., Cut each square into 2 to give 12 pieces
- 2 onions, quartered
- 500 grams potaoes, peeled and cubed into 3cm
- 125 grams Milk
- 250 grams Vintage Cheddar Cheese, cut into cubes
- 20 grams Butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten for brushing pastry
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Grate cheese 10 seconds / Speed 7, set aside.
Chop onions 3-5 seconds / Speed 5.
Add butter, cook onion 5 mins / 100c / Speed 1.
Add potatoes, salt and milk, cook 25 mins/ 100c / Speed 1. Use simmering basket on lid instead of measuring cup.
When potatoes are soft, insert butterfly, add cheese
mash 20 seconds / Speed 3. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Cool filing. Pre heat oven to 200c while filling is cooling.
When cooled, spoon filling onto one half of the pastry, brush pastry edges with beaten egg, fold over to form a square sealing edges with a fork. Cut steam slashes onto top of pastry. Brush over with beaten egg.
Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Bake in oven for 20 minutes until golden.
Accessories you need
If you're short on time, cool mixture slightly and don't have pastry fully thawed to assemble. Put assembled pasties into freezer for 10 minutes to chill pastry before baking.
Preparation time states 30 minutes but 25 minutes of that is potatoes cooking so only 5 minutes of your prep time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheesy sour cream and chives crackers
- Sausage Cranberry Rolls (bites)
- Spaghetti Bolognese Muffins
- KK's Krackers
- Annie's Seed Crackers (GF)
- Italian Herb and Parmesan Cheese Cookies
- Kerri’s Savoury Zucchini & Sundried Tomato Muffins
- Jazziegirl All in 1 Bacon & Veg Pie
- Pizza Shapes (Arnott's Recipe Adaptation)
- Potato Sally Lunn
- THERMOMUMMA SANDWICH BREAD LOAF